La Vie est Belle (2012)

PerfumerDominique Ropion
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group

About La Vie est Belle

La Vie est Belle is a feminine perfume by Lancôme. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Polge and Dominique Ropion

La Vie est Belle fragrance notes

Reviews of La Vie est Belle

I watched a Jeremy Fragrance Top Women’s Perfumes video on YouTube and decided to try them all. I don’t regret the experience, but it reinforced how we all have olfactory bias. His is candy sweet with a praline note.
Unfortunately the praline uses an aromachemical that’s been a bugaboo for me since forever. It always smells like burnt caramel to me and ruins any fragrance it’s in. When that note’s combined with fruit it becomes worse, like burnt fruit stew. Yeah, it’s as bad as it sounds. So many of his recommendations were really bad to me.
I’ve heard about La Vie Est Belle for years, so I don’t know if this one started a trend, like popular ones invariably do, or if it’s copying the dna of a prior popular one (as perfumes invariably do). But I don’t really care, they’re all swimming in the same school of fish. Most of the ones I sampled in this group smelled of the same burnt fruity caramel.
I can see why it would be popular if you don’t have aromachemical issues. It’s bright, fun, vivacious, a little bit party-girl, sassy, feminine, sweet. But, like I said, it’s similar to many other fragrances that can be described exactly the same way. There’s not a lot of depth, and a herd mentality, but really if it’s a fragrance you like that shouldn’t matter.
Who started it? I don’t care. It’s the fish school phenomenon - when you find this many similar ones you have the choice of picking the one you like most, not which came first.
I have to pass on the whole school of fish.
28th April, 2021 (last edited: 10th June, 2021)
It's actually called La vie est belle l'eau de parfum on my carded sample so it gave me some confusion - at first I thought that's some strange flanker that's not in directory, but no, apparently this is the full name of original La vie est belle.

LVEB line gets a lot of hate among perfumistas, but it's actually a very likeable sweet, feminine and lovely floriental-iris-gourmand scent. A bit too pink for my taste (at least the bottle is definitely too pink for my taste), but it is not that suffocating unbearably sweet monster it's often made out to be. It's a cozy, optimistic and romantic scent. You know what? The bad reputation it gets is probably because of people who spray waaay too much - it is very potent. A little goes a long way, keep that in mind and keep your friends and colleagues sane.

I frequent perfume stores a lot because I like doing sniffing trips after work to distract myself a bit and it's getting hard to count the times I've seen various ladies coming to sniff perfumes, not really liking anything much, and - guess what - after a sales associate shows them La vie est belle, I see their faces light up. And then they say: yes, this one is nice, I like this one! And then they buy it. Because it is very likeable indeed, and the name is inspiring, too - don't we all want our lives to be beautiful?

La vie est belle might be a snobby perfumista repellent, because it's so sweet and likeable and pink and so ultramegapopular to the point it becomes oh so boring, but it's so damn popular for a reason. And that reason is that it's actually blended nicely and women love it - they just do. And my inner hipster might be all ironic about it, but hey, I must admit I'm just another woman, too.

(And Cook.bot's review of this scent is the best thing on this site. Read it, read it. My review is a peasant's one, but that one is an art.)
17th March, 2021 (last edited: 15th April, 2021)
Dark red-acid fruchouli meets cheap iris oriental.

Modern miniature from box set
11th December, 2019
An unmistakably oriental-floral perfume from Lancome!

With praline and vanilla as the strongest notes present in La Vie Est Belle, you've entered into touchy territory where you'll either love it or leave it. LVEB is no-nonsense in the strength and sillage department, which is in itself a really clean and well-made perfume per se. But as other reviewers correctly warn, this one can be easily overapplied and cause annoyance rather than charm to those who are in its wake.

When sprayed on with discretion, LVEB is a scintillating, beautiful expression that exudes fun and friendliness! :-)
18th October, 2018
Super sweet, delicious, edible fragrance, but a little definitely goes a long way! This scent had a whole room talking in the evening, hours after initial application. I don't typically like my fragrance to be quite that loud, so I'd stick to just one light spritz on my next wear. But it is delectable, feminine, almost cupcake like and quite addictive.
18th March, 2018
La Vie Est Belle

The candy is abundant. (The maturity, redundant.)
The fruits are glacée. (The passers-by will surely pay.)
The flowers are limp. (The meek demeanour of a wimp.)
The width is a mile. (The people request exile.)
The depth is a micron. (The classic perfumery is gone.)
The patchouli is... where? (The hippies say a prayer.)
The sillage is choking. (The perfumistas are all balking.)
The persistence is relentless. (The wearers, all repentless.)

The Julia Roberts is smiling. (The sheep are single filing.)
The cash registers are ringing. (The fat cats are all singing.)

The life may be beautiful.
The fragrance is a bore.

Credits:
Original review by Cook.bot
Greek chorus by Suspended
22nd January, 2018 (last edited: 24th January, 2018)

Add your review of La Vie est Belle

Shop for La Vie est Belle products online

Shop for La Vie est Belle at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of La Vie est Belle

There are no member images of La Vie est Belle yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]