Oud Ispahan (2012)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Oud Ispahan

François Demachy:

Oud Ispahan is like opening the doors of an Oriental palace with ochre walls and being struck by its fragrance. The smoky scent of burning wood blends with that of sweet floral water on washed hands. That's the scent of this smooth atmosphere, where rose, frankincense and resin linger. The perfume is velvety and sensual, like the roses of the Orient.

Oud Ispahan fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Ispahan

notspendingamillion laid bare most of my issues with Oud Ispahan, so I won’t belabor those points. It’s long lasting. Depending on where one falls on like/dislike that becomes a bug or feature. Neutral, but barely at that. I will struggle to finish my 2 ml sample due to the heavy chemical character of the rose. It is not a cheap smelling rose by any means, but a decidedly monotone one.
13th December, 2020
Dirty oud rose

It is a rose oud combo, but they try to get a more realistic oud by dirtying it up a bit. The rose is nice, the oud is a dark brown leather variety. Various aromachemicals swill around. They attempted to balance the fragrance by overdosing those ACs as they rose and oud are both so potent. As a result the fragrance is a bit peaks and valleys. It actually smells different than the other million rose/oud combos, and smells better done to me. But it seems they made it a bit more approachable, for better and worse. Expensive. I'm going neutral here, but it could grow to a upvote someday.
22nd May, 2020
It seemed very promising at first, then 3 hours later I get a very pungent hamster cage smell (on my skin at least), what the heck?

The opening is beautiful though.
15th March, 2020
Finally a rose and oud which is not only about the rose. The focus is on a beautifully balanced oud. Performances are average.
01st February, 2020
I tried this originally as a sample. The oud was pleasant, not overpowering and very wearable...initially. Then the iso E super bomb dropped and I smelled like a gerbil cage. For those who do not do well with this ingredient, you've been warned. Still can't wash it off.
17th July, 2019
Well easy to rate this.
I love Oud Scents, I have many Oud frags.... But this is a complete Masterpiece.
Beastly performance and I love the complexity of the Sweet and the Dark vibe, with the perfect mix of floral and Woodiness.
Complete Masterpiece from Dior.
So if you like the Oud Rose combo... Go sample this Perfectly complex Scent.
Starts up very Rosie then turns Dirtier and dirtier minute by minute....

Scent... 10
Performance... 10
Sillage... 10

Perfection here all the way. Must try.
13th March, 2019 (last edited: 15th March, 2019)

Add your review of Oud Ispahan