Blackberry & Bay (2012)

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerFabrice Pellegrin
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Blackberry & Bay

Relaunched in 2021, as part of the Limited Edition 'Marmalade' Collection.

Blackberry & Bay fragrance notes

Reviews of Blackberry & Bay

Like a yummy breakfast on a spring day in a green forest. crunchy,slightly sour and natural blackberry jam together with a glass of fresh and cold orange juice.if you're looking for a realistic blackberry scent,no further,this is it.
Opening spray for BB is a bright,fizzy,tart blackberry cream laced with freshness of citrus.this becomes more muted as it mingles with the bay leaf and woody notes(the vetiver lingers on and on and it's about the only floral note i can detect).the floral note is part of this blend and is never pronounced,giving it a gorgeous softness feeling.I adore the opening the most. sillage and longevity both are decent.
31st January, 2021
I tried this perfume about ten separate days intending to write a review, and I kept forgetting. It's that forgettable on me. At first spray, it's sweet and fun––I get mostly blackberry. But when it fades into a more herbal fragrance, it gets lost on my skin. Which is too bad, because reading through the notes of this scent, it sounds like something I'd really like.
11th November, 2020
I kept trying to make this work, I’ve had several decants and manufacturer samples. Even sampled in the store...a few times. No more.

I like the idea of this fragrance, deep berries and green, somewhat spicy herb. Unfortunately, it just never works out that way. What starts with a delicious, full jammy fruit immediately turns sour and synthetic. And I know, synthetics are par for the course when capturing the essence of many scents. However, this smacks of unwearable artifice.

The berries wear off right away and are replaced with red cough syrup flavor-heavy on the alcohol, and acidic herb. I get a little...no, a lot of generic, overly “masculine” grapefruit. It’s astringent in a woeful way. There may be some wood in the dry down, but it just ends up smelling like spicy sweat on me. I scrubbed.

No more.
12th October, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The blackberry kick of the whole development, and it is nice and quite typical and bright; the brightness is enhanced by some bright grapefruit in the background.

The drydown brings on the bay, which is much less intense but otherwise done beautifully. This transition toward the base via a rather nonspecific while floral impression - maybe whiffs of magnolia if one is pressed for details.

The base is woodsy, again not very specific but a touch of cedar - just; with a bright and beards vetiver in the background - no earthiness or richness here. The vetiver is bright and lovely. Whiffs of white pepper come and go towards the end.

I get soft sillage, limited projection and four hours of longevity on my skin.

The starts is quite nice, but from the heart notes onwards it is too generic and pale to convince. Pleasant nonetheless even in the less interesting moments, and very good when it excels. The good periods are longer, so overall it is a good creation. 3.25/5
10th August, 2020 (last edited: 14th August, 2020)
Refreshing fruit. Citrusy. Green herbal layer in the background. A sweet berry thing mixed in. Spring flower notes bounce around in the background.

The fruit fades away. Remains floral. It's unassuming and rather matronly. The base is very lid. Leafy and herbal green, with a hint of soapiness. It's pleasant. Too pricey for what it is IMO.
08th August, 2020
Blackberry with lemon, very fresh, fruity and juicy, although the lemon doesn't smell that natural. There is a big bouquet of flowers coming while entering the second hour and, after that, woody and soft spicy notes.
18th June, 2019

Add your review of Blackberry & Bay

Shop for Blackberry & Bay products online

Search on ebay

Jo Malone Women Retail Blackberry And Bay 1 Oz

US • Buy it now: USD 92.53.

Member images of Blackberry & Bay

There are no member images of Blackberry & Bay yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]