Pleats Please (2012)

HouseIssey Miyake
PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Pleats Please

Pleats Please is a feminine perfume by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

Pleats Please fragrance notes

Reviews of Pleats Please

This features a fruit candy note that feels to me like faux apple with a pinch of strawberry, apparently intended to simulate pear. It sits on top of a very effusive, sneezy white musk that smells like exaggerated soap with an undertone of fabric softener. The fruit becomes more abstract as the day goes on, ending up as more of a sweetness than a specific smell.

I sampled this because it listed indole as a note, so I hoped it may be at least a little bit challenging or avant garde, but it's not. This is a crowd-pleasing, intentionally unremarkable fruity floral for people who want to smell like soap and candy. As such, this is the kind of designer perfume where I have no technical complaints, but my desire for artistry and creativity is unfulfilled.
20th February, 2021
Flowery pear with dog breath.
Ideal for your average Lolita Goth.

01st November, 2020 (last edited: 08th December, 2020)
Oh please. What’s the point of keeping creating this kind of light generic florals?
Poor sillage and longevity.
23rd April, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast with its pear impression is nice; the drydown a white flowery indolic concoction that is dull at best. The base with a predictable vanilla-musk and a bit of overly synthetic patchouli is not better. On my skin sillage and projection are moderate and the longevity is four hours. 2/5
16th May, 2015
This is one of my favourite fragrances! Spicy at the beginning, clean, refreshing. I love the bottle, the feeling you get from the first spritz on your skin. Incredible indeed!
17th March, 2014
I was on the Cote d'Azur last week (ooh lah lah!), and there was a marquis in the town square filled with local dignitaries, celebrating the launch of this new fragrance. I was given a little sample spray and can't believe how lovely it is. I'd normally think overtly fresh, fruity/floral fragrances like this would be for teens or twenty somethings, but Pleats Please is definitely different - and boy does it have staying power! It is a burst of fruity gorgeousness, followed by a clean, more grown up than expected drydown. I'm definitely going to be buying this. Perfect for sunshiney days. Shame about the utterly ludicrous name. Honestly. Surely they could've done better than this?
17th September, 2012

Add your review of Pleats Please

Shop for Pleats Please products online

Shop for Pleats Please at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Pleats Please

There are no member images of Pleats Please yet. Why not be the first?