Colonia Intensa Oud/ Colonia Oud (2012)
by Acqua di Parma

Colonia Intensa Oud/ Colonia Oud information

Year of Launch2012

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Colonia Intensa Oud/ Colonia Oud

Colonia Intensa Oud/ Colonia Oud is a masculine fragrance by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2012

Colonia Intensa Oud/ Colonia Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Colonia Intensa Oud/ Colonia Oud

Had this for a while now, but forgot to put out my thoughts on this one.

So this is a very leathery dry scent in my opinion, very masculine and very unique.... I havent smelt anything that is similar apart from colonia Leather. But I think this is better than that one.
Spray this on your skin and the Leather and Oud are dominant throughout and you will be noticed for a couple of hours, then it becomes a nice and smooth blend. Very pleasant.

Personally I think this performs better and lasts better when it is warmer, but still decent for the cooler temp.

Overall 8- 10
Longevity 7- 10
Sillage 7- 10
14th December, 2020
This one took a long time for me to like. It was the first oud scent I ever purchased; a blind buy based on my previous experience with AdP and on line reviews. The first couple of times I used it, the leather was just so overwhelmingly strong, animalistic and overpowering that I actually all but hated it. I was very reluctant to spray it on, especially because its longevity would make it last overnight.

It's been well over a year now and I guess that when the perfume got in contact with air, the leather mellowed down considerably, and the scent has transformed into a pleasant, well balanced leather-oud combination with a very recognizable Acqua di Parma base. Longevity is not as good as it was when the leather was as strong as it used to be, but it is in no way a poor performer.

So in the end I have actually come to like it, although I am still a little hesitant to reach for it because of my earliest experience, as if I were afraid it might have reverted back to its 'bad leather' self, but so far it has only gotten better so I will probably end up using it more.

Based on my personal experience I wouldn't recommend this to be the first oud you ever try, but if you got it and did not like it at first, give it some time. You may end up liking it. A lot.
01st November, 2020
This isn't quite that loud of an Oud, but it works for me.

This isn't a fetid oud, but a refined one. Still oudtastic, it starts with a bright glimpse of Italian Citrus, fresh and tasty. A leathery oud arrives, trumpeted on the wings of coriander and Amyris Wood. Patchouli and musk in the base add even more voluptuous dirtiness, but elegantly.
07th May, 2020
Fantastic oud, all around - and unique. Bold, and somewhat aggressive out of the gate, but it is fabulous.
31st December, 2019
If you’re new to Oud fragrances this is a pleasant enough experience to get you started.

The off putting thing to me is that the Oud is synthetic. I have experienced real Oud oil from Assam India, Thailand, and Cambodia and I’ve been ruined for anything else.

If you’re keen to try something great from AdP go for Colonia Intensa.
06th July, 2019
A beautiful, soft Oud that is well rounded with the citrus, musk and leather notes making it good for all year round wear. My wife loves it and I get great longevity from this fragrance. Enough said!
27th August, 2018