Kiss My Name (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseRamon Monegal
PackagingRamon Monegal

About Kiss My Name

Kiss My Name is a shared / unisex perfume by Ramon Monegal. The scent was launched in 2009 and the bottle was designed by Ramon Monegal

Reviews of Kiss My Name

Ramon Monegal's promotional blurb refers to a "wisp of spikenard." I wouldn't know spikenard from lavender, but no matter: it's all all about the tuberose, jasmine, and orange blossom, while the base is less about distinct notes than a warm woody accord thankfully devoid of aromachemical harshness. While I'm not a big fan of tuberose or jasmine, per se, it all depends what one does with them. Monegal may not have done anything especially noteworthy here, but he's blended it well, he's respected his principle materials, and he's not obligated to craft something to my taste.

Choosing amongst the seemingly infinite number of jasmine-buttressed feminine tuberose perfumes, one might well do better, but one could certainly do much worse. I wouldn't wear this again, but my wife did compliment me on my fragrance when she got home—and when she thinks I smell bad, she doesn't hesitate to say so.
21st July, 2021
Kiss My Name by Ramon Monegal (2009) is the ex-Myrugia royalty's take on a classic tuberose floral chypre. If you're a lover of tuberose, there isn't a lot of convincing I need to do here, but even if you aren't, Kiss My Name is balanced enough to convince the wary. In short, Monegal taps into his years spent with his family's former house to craft a perfume that would be right at home in the 60's through 70's, just before "terrible tuberose" bombs became a thing, and the flower was mostly associated with romantic perfumes. Monegal has keyed just the right juxtoposition of indoles and clean florals on a labdanum/moss/benzoin base to keep this flirty but behaved, unlike the later Monbloom (2016) which just overpowers with everything in true terrible 80's fashion.

The opening of Kiss My Name is the expected aldehyde rush with bergamot and orange blossom backing with citric sweetness the fleshy tuberose core. This core is saddled with a touch of indolic jasmine sambac which adds most of the musk factor early on, balanced by the clean orange blossom and later iris note that filters in. The iris here feels more like orris butter than a sharp ionone, and it helps the neroli cleanliness play nice with the musk array from the heady floral indoles, before the chypre base engages. Labdanum, benzoin and cinnamal from tolu balsam, oakmoss, and cedar form the finish of Kiss My Name, which floats on skin for hours on end with a moderate trail. Best use is romantic summer evenings or day use in fall through spring, and for lovers of tuberose who prefer a conventional feminine lean to their perfumes.

Kiss My Name is rather academic of a perfume but done so exceptionally well that I don't mind. I have a love/hate relationship with the note of tuberose itself so to get past that mental roadblock takes a perfumer who really knows how to reign in the style. Strong, soft, sweet, and assertive all at once, this is like the tuberose perfume Ramon Monegal always wanted to make for Myrugia but couldn't when Puig bought the house from his family and choked all creativity from his voice through marketing demographics and cost measures. In other words, a perfume like this isn't really possible within the confines of modern designer budgets and possibly some IFRA regulations too (which Ramon claims to mostly ignore beyond the obviously dangerous materials). Thumbs up.
13th July, 2020
Very feminine and floral. Like a walk through a flower shop when the A/C has failed. Long lasting but too floral for me.
17th May, 2016
A VERY powerful floral. Not a man's perfume...I don't know any man who could pull it off. Powerhouse of Tuberose, Jasmine, Iris...And though not listed, an amber note that may just be the balsam and orange blossom. Monster projection.
02nd March, 2013

Add your review of Kiss My Name

Shop for Kiss My Name products online

Search on ebay

Ramon Monegal Kiss My Name edp

US • Buy it now: USD 165.00.

Member images of Kiss My Name

There are no member images of Kiss My Name yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]