Déclaration d'Un Soir (2012)
by Cartier

Déclaration d'Un Soir information

Year of Launch2012

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Déclaration d'Un Soir

Déclaration d'Un Soir is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Déclaration d'Un Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Déclaration d'Un Soir

Having used Declaration prior, I see where this flanker is heading - ELSEWHERE. This is wildly similar to Paestum Rose, a Rose & Incense masterpiece from Eau d’Italie by Duchaufour; with at least 60% reference, they are kissing cousins.(I got a feeling JCE got hold of Paestum Rose, was blown away, and decided to create his version of Paestum Rose in tribute to Bertrand Duchaufour - another genius whose works I try to follow, own and acquire.) Opening with slightly “off” acidic notes, and rather distracting anisey accords, you won’t be too off-based if you guessed Frankincense/church incense, because I sure as heavens smell it. It almost smells like bruised-fruit, the acridity slightly reminiscent of spilled champagne.This is immediately accompanied by a very make-up cake/paste accord-we could be dealing with iris and it’s very carrot-like pastiness, something Paestum Rose is missing. This is a pretty daring and spicy/incensy rose scent by a designer house. I bet they allowed Jean Claude Ellena as much creative freedom as possible, without being full-blown ARTISTE/ARTHOUSE. I’m Glad older designer scents are still available albeit clearly reformulated every 5 years or so. I’m really in love with this. Deepest respects to Cartier and most certainly Master Parfemeur JCE. While this really has lesser to do with the original Declaration, it is clearly the unofficial flanker of Paestum Rose. This is probably the top Designer Incense Rose I have ever smelled. Wake up niche-snobs, you must try this if you haven’t.
27th October, 2020
Unfortunate blind buy. really like the basic scent but performance is very poor on me. Certainly a nice take on a masculine rose. Tood bad.

Not a thumbs down because what little of the scent I can smell I like.
But horrifically fleeting and no sillage on me at all.
18th June, 2020
Sampled this with high expectations. Cruelly dashed. I found it unremarkable, sugary nose not natural smelling. Hard to believe it's the same family as the incredible Declaratión Parfum. For rose, of what I've tried I much prefer Montale Black Aoud, or in a very different style Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau.
04th July, 2019
Declaration d'Un Soir

I did not see it listed in the notes anywhere, but this hits with citrus. It's fresh. More of a dry rose. The spices cardamom and cumin mixed with the sandalwood actually give me a sort of cut flower stem accord. That smells good when it hits with the rose. Smells like a freshly cut bouquet at a flower shop. It is pretty strong, projecting pretty well for the first few hours. It just continues to smell fresh to me. And not overly feminine. Pleasant dry down that is more about the spices than the rose. Solid, though not remarkable.
26th March, 2019
I bought this as a blind buy and I'm kind of "meh" on it. It smells great with the opening notes of citrus and rose but then as the drydown approaches, it begins to smell like a floral based, fabric softener. If anything, it would be wise to test a sample of this before buying it because it's a very subjective fragrance that you either like or hate.
29th January, 2019
I like rose scents and have been looking for the definitive one for me. I've tried quite a few but have mostly been looking amongst Orientals. So this one's crept up on me really - I've had it for a while, but for whatever reason, it didn't really register with me as a contender. But as is the case with perfume collecting it seems, things change. So now I may be settling with Declaration d'un Soir as a surprise-hit rose scent.
I love Declaration, and although this flanker centres around a delightfully piquant rose note (one I can almost taste) it retains the original's heart: peppery-spice, warm nutmeg, and skin-smell cumin/caraway notes. Later the creamy sandalwood/rose drydown is beautiful and lingers for a long while on my skin.
So, all in all, a great scent. The Cartier DNA is one I enjoy, and the Declaration line is a particular favourite. D'un Soir has a great heart - ah, but the rose!
27th January, 2019