Mad Madame (2012)

Mad Madame information

Year of Launch2012

HouseJuliette Has a Gun

About Mad Madame

Mad Madame is a feminine perfume by Juliette Has a Gun. The scent was launched in 2012

Mad Madame fragrance notes

Reviews of Mad Madame

Ambroxan takes the lead. Freesia moves in, followed by the black current. Yet another interesting group of top notes, I've recently experienced. (I'm glad there are some left out there.) The top here, is intriguing.

A kind of aquatic floral mix emerges in the heart. So far, the tuberose is subdued. The peony isn't overly "green" like it sometimes can be. This is a good fragrance heart here. Probably one of the more "niche-smelling" of other JHAG scents I've tried... The tuberose behaves itself. It doesn't act like it MUST be the center of attention. Over time, a little animal skank reveals itself in an under-layer.

This develops a balsamic flavor with an addition of gentle musk chiming in. No vanilla do I smell here. Overall this is pretty nice. If someone gave me a full bottle I wouldn't refuse it. Thumb's up.
20th February, 2019
I get jasmine, a hint of iris and a nice rose note in this one. Feminine, but I could pull this off. The ladies will love this!
25th July, 2018 (last edited: 24th July, 2018)
Busy Lady

Mad Madame by Juliette Has A Gun is a floral chypre with a prominent rose note, but I definitely would not call this a "pink chypre". I consider MM to be a very contemporary fragrance, but it clearly draws inspiration from traditional compositions. MM opens with strong white florals, rose oxide, and leathery notes. After about 30 seconds, a fecal note appears and then folds into the warm animalic base as a permanent fixture. The animalic aspect of MM is very suggestive, and perhaps "Busy Lady" is a more appropriate name for this fragrance. There is acidic warmth tying the rose oxide to the leathery base; the salty, tanginess is balanced by the intense perfume-y quality of the white floral and rose. Overall, I’m very impressed and consider MM to be competently executed contemporary filth. Although this fragrance is not for me because I’m squeamish when it comes to wearing rose, I highly recommend MM.

14th July, 2013