Bois d'Ascèse (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseNaomi Goodsir
PerfumerJulien Rasquinet

About Bois d'Ascèse

Bois d'Ascèse is a shared / unisex perfume by Naomi Goodsir. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Julien Rasquinet

Bois d'Ascèse fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois d'Ascèse

My girlfriend freaked out when I wore this one for the first time. She called it "coconut campfire." It's definitely more tobacco than campfire. There is a prune/raisin thing happening that I like a lot. One day I splashed way too much on my neck and it smelled a very clearly defined almond liquor. I will be buying a bottle of this eventually for drinks and dinner. Not as versatile as I would want my every day scent to be. I'm not a very manly guy and this is a pretty darn masculine scent.
29th August, 2020
Is Jeke by Slumberhouse not smoky enough for you? Is Hyde by Hiram Greene too friendly? Does Le Labo’s Patchouli 24 seem like a root beer float?

Then Bois D’ascese might be made for you. Almost laughably masculine. It smells like a bonfire. With a bottle of whisky sitting open next to it. Maybe someone is smoking a pipe? Hard to say. At a bonfire you notice one thing: the blaze.

Jump in!
13th April, 2020
The Goodsir website describes it as "RADICAL / MYSTICAL / STATEMENT" - wow, that sounds exciting!

Eh. None of the above.

Okay, maybe it smells a touch mystical, but in the way the apartment of that chick you know who claims to be a wiccan priestess (but by day she's an office assistant for a cosmetic dentist) smells.

Incense, a little campfire smoke, sweet booze and amber... You've smelled it before, even if you've never smelled it before. Perfectly nice, I guess, but perfectly uninteresting. Far more more commonplace than it thinks it is, just like the wiccan priestess.
03rd January, 2020
the definitive scent of whiskey, wood smoke, tobacco and cedar wood.
very alcoholic in the opening. then I imagine myself and my girlfriend eating in the mountain hut with the fireplace lit. at the end of dinner our clothes smell of burnt wood smoke and cedar wood that comes from outside. all while I sip a whiskey and a friend next to me and I smoke a cigar.
some notes of amber, labdanum and oak moss.
excellent perfume but I would not buy it. too extreme for me. but I admit it's really good. 8/10
excellent performance.
04th December, 2018
Tobacco right from the start.
Cigar tobacco.
Whiskey, on the rocks.
Ultra light cinnamon.
Something dark underneath; woody, smoky, incense-like.
Mostly, I smell tobacco.
Manly.
17th November, 2018
This is lovely.

I don’t get the leather / tobacco that other reviews mention - on me this is just a relatively linear smoke. That said, it’s a lovely smoke - campfire rather than fireplace and not all acrid.

Good longevity - over time a sweet, powdery soapy note emerges which slides the overall impression over to an incense.

Tested in high summer - it’d be interesting to see how this works in colder weather.
10th June, 2018

Add your review of Bois d'Ascèse

Shop for Bois d'Ascèse products online

Shop for Bois d'Ascèse at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese 50ml EDP NIB

UA • Buy it now: USD 200.00.

Member images of Bois d'Ascèse