Join The Club : Comandante! (2012)
by Xerjoff

Join The Club : Comandante! information

Year of Launch2012

HouseXerjoff

About Join The Club : Comandante!

Join The Club : Comandante! is a shared / unisex perfume by Xerjoff. The scent was launched in 2012

Join The Club : Comandante! fragrance notes

Reviews of Join The Club : Comandante!

The opening is distinguished, cherry pipe and vanilla tobacco. Somewhere in the genre of Pure Havane meets Bogart pour Homme. Later, it turns into a creamy, smooth, woody amber, not far off from Joop Jump.

Seems too dark and heavy to be a daytime or work scent but could work with the right application. Probably more appropriate for cooler temps.

Projection is pretty good during the first 3-4 hours. After it settles into more of a skin scent, lasts about 6-7 hours total.
21st July, 2021
In the opening, it was mostly a generic blue masculine fragrance with oud and almond making it very original. It was too masculine for me. Then it evolves into a beautiful amber and spice perfume that I might try on in public. Good.
15th May, 2020
Notes in JTC: Comandante!: Tobacco, floral notes, spice notes, fruity notes, honey, vanilla, patchouli, rockrose, and leather.

Join the Club: Comandante! by Xerjoff REALLY reminds me of a now discontinued gem: L'Occitane's Amber. It's a bright, clean, well-designed ambery scent with crisp florals in the heart, a good splash of sweet honey, a really light leather, and nice dose of rockrose finish. There's a faint whisp of unlit cigar tobacco as well, which is proper as this fragrance was meant to honor cigar lovers. And after an hour or so, the drydown reminds me of another favorite, oriental scent of mine: Britto Man by Romero Britto, which has a very bright and sweet, Le Male-like edge.

Smell's a touch more of a masculine scent than feminine, but not completely beyond a woman's enjoying it as well. Comandante! is an addictive scent that I couldn't stop sniffing off of my wrist! Great outing from Xerjoff! :-)
13th January, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
A fruit mix opens the game, a sweet bag of lollies that contains elements of strawberries, citrus, and an additional synthetic note that is anything but a good tobacco note. The drydown adds a tonka element together with a white floral bouquet, with muguet and some jasmine evident on my skin. The base is highlighting the predictable patchouli, together with a warm cardamom-cinnamon duo on my skin. I agree there are similarities with Polo Red, but also with Polo Explorer.

The sillage is moderate, projection adequate and the longevity is good at seven hours. Not unpleasamt but too generic. Not a club I am desperate to join. 2.75/5
22nd November, 2015
Join The Club Comandante reminds me a lot of Polo Red, which I like. And I like the staying power it has. For the price I've seen this, $200 for 50 ml, I want it to be a lot better than a department store fragrance. And after a full wearing, I like Polo Red more.

Comandante shines during it's long lasting mid where it maintains a nice projection.

The base flipped this to neutral for me. Now I'm worried the smell of the base was there all along. The base has a feminine, synthetic, powder smell to my nose. Especially synthetic smelling in the base, but I enjoyed it at the top.
01st April, 2015 (last edited: 02nd April, 2015)
I got a sample at esxence 2014 Milan. The first spray is nothing more than a man cologne. But then .... magic. Round, soft yet potent, with a spicy hint. i can even detect a very masculine rose that is not disturbing. After few minutes it evolves into a creamy armature. Now I ready to face the world with this protection!
09th April, 2014

Add your review of Join The Club : Comandante!

Shop for Join The Club : Comandante! products online

Shop for Join The Club : Comandante! at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Join The Club : Comandante!

There are no member images of Join The Club : Comandante! yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]