Dangerous Complicity (2012)

Dangerous Complicity information

Year of Launch2012

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange

About Dangerous Complicity

Dangerous Complicity is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2012

Dangerous Complicity fragrance notes

Reviews of Dangerous Complicity

Subtle coconut and rum with a sandalwood touch makes this a nice one in my book. Not a screaming smell me, I'm here fragrance, but will surely be noticed at close proximity. A future 30 ml purchase will be done. 7.5/10
27th January, 2020
This one leans feminine to me but smells great. Has a spa/tea like accord that is very soothing. I'm not getting much coconut in the drydown so don't expect a beachy scent.

Projection is decent. It's a lighter scent so it doesn't feel heavy but will definitely get noticed if sprayed enough.
01st January, 2019
If there was one word to describe this, it would be "vague." It has some boozy elements, some fruity, some floral, but nothing really jumps out at you. It reminds me of Badgley Mischka, but less intense and more wearable. Basically another fruity-floral-patchouli, but nicer than most.

Nothing fascinating, but sometimes it's nice to just smell good, which this does.
21st January, 2018
Ex Machina Director Alex Garland 2014
03rd September, 2017
As I delve more and more into the realm of perfume collecting, I find that the names of fragrances hardly ever match the product inside the bottle. Such is the case, here. I'm okay with that. I'm getting used to it. I digress.

This one starts with a blast of tropical frozen cocktail notes of rum, ginger, and coconut. That is about as "dangerous" as this gets. A few moments later a layer of calamus, osmanthus, jasmine, and patchouli waft over me like a breeze filled, tranquil afternoon. It's calming. Kind of sweet. Kind of, interesting. It dries down into a powdery base, with a leather note, sandalwood, and cashmere wood. It's a safe perfume for any occasion. It's too girly to be a unisex scent, in my opinion. It would make a good workday perfume. Neutral enough, for a first date.

I'm a sucker for powdery scents. Overall the end result is more than satisfactory enough for my tastes.

And... Dang! This stuff grows on me the more I wear it. It is like a chameleon. It seems to vary its charm on every wearing.
11th July, 2017 (last edited: 20th July, 2017)
This is a very pleasant, neutral sort of fragrance - nice for an office job or any other place that calls for a more subtle scent.

While I'm no expert at picking out individual notes I can usually manage a few, but I'm struggling with this one. Some florals and . . . woods, I guess. Certainly nothing "dangerous." It does seem more feminine than masculine.

I don't really have anything negative to say, but I guess I was expecting something more . . .

Eta: I upgraded my rating of this after I found myself reaching for it multiple times. It's not an exciting fragrance, and I don't love the powdery opening, but it's still a nicely blended scent for everyday. I really like the subtle leather note in the drydown. I wouldn't have expected a pleasant daytime frag from EldO, but here it is . . .

18th May, 2016 (last edited: 03rd June, 2016)

Add your review of Dangerous Complicity

Shop for Dangerous Complicity products online

Shop for Dangerous Complicity at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Dangerous Complicity

There are no member images of Dangerous Complicity yet. Why not be the first?

Dangerous Complicity News