Mistral Patchouli (2013)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Mistral Patchouli

Mistral Patchouli is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Mistral Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Mistral Patchouli

ION-ONE Show all reviews
Mistral patch stands alone in terms of uniqueness. I got a very fresh, green citrussy opening and then a clear chinese-five-spice blend. Checking the notes I see star anise and the note is very well realised. It must be this that gives an Asian culinary feel because my brain keeps picking up ginger, lemongrass, Kaffir lime leaves.

The consensus is that the citrus is pomello / grapefruit and the whole scent is much more complete than p.p. checking the notes makes me feel not so crazy that I keep thinking of L'instant Guerlain EDT because that classic is build upon a structure of green-citrus > anise > patchouli. The named patchouli is nothing dominant here (as in L'instant extreme)but gives a slight dirty contrast to the more obvious citrus. This reminded me of a L'instant flanker, let's say L'instant d'0rient!

Other scents coming to mind included very distant memories of Gucci Envy, penhaligons Bayolea (lemongrass in an EDC) and the ginger freshness of Dior Homme sport flankers.

I highly recommend checking out this unique gem if overwhelmed at the AC counter. Simple, but invigorating and unique. 79/100
10th May, 2020
FYI, this perfume has been renamed Patchouli Riviera.

This kicks of with a pleasant mix of black pepper and citrus (mostly grapefruit on me). Green kitchen herbs come in next (maybe basil and definitely rosemary). As the citrus fades, it makes way for a polite patchouli, made especially green by the herbs, without any of the oil or dank that patchouli sometimes carries. Hours later, it dries down to a mix of patchouli and iso e super, so it keeps that peppery overtone, but gets more creamy and smoky with wisps of incense.

With all this talk of citrus over herbs over smoky patchouli, this sounds like it should be a hardcore powerhouse, but it's actually very light and airy. Not weak by any means, but "chemically buoyant", if that makes sense as a description. I've quite enjoyed it - I thought it might be a bit thin for winter, but it's been perfect, though I imagine it could also work in hot weather. Nice!
31st December, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
The initial blast is present with a fresh citrus mix, tangerine, pomelo and bigarrade with touches of petit grain, which is counterbalanced by an aniseed impression that, on me that it, is in the background compared to the citrus storm.

The drydown develops a floral sideline - iris, geranium and whiffs of oleander - but the citrus still rules. A restrained bright spice note comes and goes - light with a touch of clover - but this is soon pushed back by the emergence of the patchouli. This patchouli has very little to do with the dark, harsh and smoky patchouli à la Tom Ford’s Purple Patchouli or Le Labo’s Patchouli 24; this one is bright, light, acerbic and crisp but not that sharp; it is a bit like crisp gusts of wind down the Rhône Valley, and whiffs of benzoin give is some added depth.

The base continues the citric-patchouli theme, but adds neroli and a touch of a green vetiver to it; the latter is again night and lacks and earthy component.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

And interesting summery scent for warm days that has an original twist. 3.25/5.
24th August, 2019
This is my signature spring scent and in my top 3 of all Atelier Colognes fragrances (with Emeraude Agar for fall and Oud Saphir for winter). It sure helps that I am a huge anis aficionado, a love which started with the Anis de Flavigny bonbons in my mother's car and came to devotion when trying out Pastis, Ouzo, Raki and Absinth while travelling Europe as an adolescent. It smells a bit like a cold Pastis with a good squeeze of pomelo in it. I usually do not like perfumes which smell like food or beverages, but I am happy to make an exception for anis. The smell of anis evokes solitary travelling and discovering new places, therefore I think it was the perfect choice for Atelier Cologne to choose Anis to evoke the French Mistral sea wind, which is a sharp, cutting wind instead of a gentle summer sea breeze. M.P. is not a sweet, licorice or Sambucco alike anis, but tart and sour. It reminds me of a spray of cold sea water on my face when sailing in late spring. Luckily the fragrance does not smell like sea water itself, as these sea scents usually smell very chemical. M.P. smells very natural. Rather than a perfectly photo-shopped image of the sea, M.P. evokes a man's confrontation with the sea with a few brush strokes in green and blue.
10th April, 2019
Very masculine, dry and bitter mix. Good sillage, a bit too much for a young woman. I didn’t feel comfortable wearing it.
06th June, 2018
Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli
A clean, easy to wear patchouli placed over a base of freshness a la Atelier Cologne. The patchouli plays a duet with geranium which makes is minty and crisp. Add refreshing citrus and sweet flowers and you have an aromatic and enjoyable fragrance. Some anise breaks through in the opening but it's tamed, thankfully, because it's not among my favorite notes. Longevity and projection below average. This is among my favorites from the Atelier line.
31st March, 2017

Add your review of Mistral Patchouli

Shop for Mistral Patchouli products online

Shop for Mistral Patchouli at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Mistral Patchouli

There are no member images of Mistral Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?