Bentley for Men Intense (2013)
by Bentley

SupplierFirmenich
PackagingThierry de Baschmakoff
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance

About Bentley for Men Intense

Bentley for Men Intense is a masculine fragrance by Bentley. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nathalie Lorson. The bottle was designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff

Bentley for Men Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Bentley for Men Intense

Nik70 Show all reviews
IT has a rich leathery, piney almost oud heart and softer woody and smoky base. Works well on my skin. I see that folks may find it too heavy and cloying but this is powerful statement fragrance that does not work in casual settings. Longevity is average. the bottle is beautiful. Prices are low so this is good bargain at the moment

14th August, 2020
Boozy amber plastic.

Its boozy. Real boozy. Most of what i get is a amber labdanum fragrance flavored with booze. Cedar, sage, and patchouli are there. The whole thing seems very 2D. Kinda like a print of a beautiful painting on a plastic poster. Its got fine strength. Im not huge on boozy notes, and there is something that smells a bit cheap. The price is good, and the presentation is alright. Neutral.
08th February, 2020
It's horrible guys. Too heavy on the booze and the incense, really. The booze ain't really the problem, especially on the opening there are cognac and single malt whiskey notes.

But then.... comes this cloying, cheap, flimsy incense. Shame on the perfumer, seriously. I'm talking those cheap Chinese red incense sticks, no joke. Once you pick it up and recognize this, it's game over.Besides that, to no avail what so ever anymore, there is a vetiver like freshness, patchouli and some wood.

It's more suited as a scent for a room. And even then you'll get fed up with it in 5 minutes.I think those youtubers praising this stuff must've gotten paid.

So conclusion: maybe as a scent for the men's room or a market stand.
19th December, 2019
I heard the hype and wanted to like this perfume but it's just brutal, and not in the good way. Opens with a very rough, animalic odor (there's also something like green olives in there). Then it gets boozy but the animalic quality makes it an "alcohol breath" boozy, not the "freshly poured booze on the rocks" quality I had hoped for. There is a strong incense note but, once again, it has no gentleness, it's just a punch in the face. Definitely intense -- also definitely not my kind of intense.
07th December, 2019
I was expecting to like this one but it did something I wasn't prepared for.

Based on the notes I should love this, I love rum and I love boozy fragrances. However when I put this on my skin something in it sours and becomes unpleasant really quickly. Maybe it can only work in really cold weather? Today wasn't hot, but it wasn't cold either.

Then, on top of that, after an hour all that sourness, and the rest of the discernible notes go away and are replaced just by smoke. I don't begin to understand what happened but I didn't like the scent at any point I had it on. Which is so strange to me as this gets rave reviews, especially as a great boozy scent. I don't get the appeal. But I'll save my sample to try again in cold weather.
08th September, 2019
From January, 2015:

An excellent deal considering its price. Bentley Intense is a spicy, boozy-rum cedar and sandalwood fragrance tastefully obscured by a smokey cloud of unrestrained incense. As it develops, a rich vanillic accord emerges and rounds out the base with a cozy finish. Projection is strong and it lasts forever. This gets compared to Idole de Lubin quite often. Personally, I think Bentley smells better, though it's not as complex. Idole smells almost too boozy to wear and the rum is more palatable in Bentley. Plus, Bentley Intense lacks the prominent saffron note of Idole, which I don't mind in this case. This got hyped up for a while for good reason. It's not like anything else on the designer market and its quality would usually warrant a higher price. Recommended as a blind buy to those who like rum scents and woody-incense frags. Thumbs up.

UPDATE: The above review is from January, 2015. Since then, Bentley Intense has gone through at least one significant reformulation. But the last time I tried it it still smelled good, if not a bit weaker than the original. So in my experience it's still a good fragrance and worth checking out.
13th August, 2019