The Cobra and the Canary (2012)
by Imaginary Authors

The Cobra and the Canary information

Year of Launch2012

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About The Cobra and the Canary

The Cobra and the Canary is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

The Cobra and the Canary fragrance notes

Reviews of The Cobra and the Canary

This is my favorite from Imaginary Authors. Kinda smoky oud suede. Really early i felt there was a bit of a gourmandy sweet note mixed in that i wasnt quite digging, but that died about an hour in. For some reason it reminds me of dusty old books.
01st February, 2020
Leather and lemon. Interesting and unusual combination, I will give it that. The lemon is not the bright and fizzy citrus, but more of a subdued one, close to a furniture polish lemon. Leather is soft and isn't that pronounced and as time goes on I definitely get the smell of tobacco and almost damp hay. Definitely an interesting scent and I agree with landshark321 that this is clearly something different than the normal scents out there and at the price point is something worth a go to try.
31st January, 2019
I don't really like the usual, popular leather scents but I like this, so take that into consideration when deciding if this is worth your time.

Spiced, buttery opening. The heart is leather dominant but the leather note should be accessible to many and not as polarizing as some other very strong leathers that I've smelled before. There are also nice florals that compliment the leather. Just speaking from my own experience, I don't usually like leather as the main note but this one is nice and I enjoy it.

Good projection and longevity that lasts all workday.
15th November, 2018 (last edited: 16th November, 2018)
I really enjoy this, as i do most of the imaginary authors line.

Once this has settled down, i get quite a strong medicinal/plasters note (in a good way).

I get the leather, but wouldnt call this a leather scent.

It's not complex, and doesnt go on a real journey. But enjoyable for me none the less.
29th October, 2018
Opens with a fresh and bitter leather; the leather is quite raw and I am surprised on how well it's blended with lemon; this stuff is really nice. Combining a dry but warm hay note with the leather and lemon is surprisingly good and lifts the composition to another level. The hay also brings a mentholated smell and the combination somehow reminds me of septic bandages and hospitals.
Within 2 hours, the smell shifts into a new direction; the leather, which seems to be more in the top notes mostly disappears, there are no more traces of menthol or hospitals, but the freshness remains there; it's still citrus and it's paired with a beautiful iris and a sort of a coconut/fig leaf that's milky and creamy.
By the 5th hour it shifts again as the freshness is gone and the leather comes back with a motor oil vibe; a weird combination, oily and creamy at the same time.
This and A City on Fire are the best Imaginary Authors fragrances for me, both being an unusual combination in a palette of mostly mediocre blended scents.
04th October, 2018
A coarse, unpleasant fume, amatuer in construction. Avoid.
31st May, 2018

Add your review of The Cobra and the Canary

Shop for The Cobra and the Canary products online

Shop for The Cobra and the Canary at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of The Cobra and the Canary

There are no member images of The Cobra and the Canary yet. Why not be the first?