Devilscent #4 : Reprise

Devilscent #4 : Reprise information

HouseOlympic Orchids
PerfumerEllen Covey

About Devilscent #4 : Reprise

Devilscent #4 : Reprise is a shared / unisex perfume by Olympic Orchids. The fragrance was created by perfumer Ellen Covey

Reviews of Devilscent #4 : Reprise

There is one review of Devilscent #4 : Reprise.
Ostensibly, Dev #4 is based on the same charred wood and incense base as the rest of the Devilscent series, but with a kick of butterscotchy whiskey on top (my favorite part), melding with menthol, eucalyptus, and some sort of artificial fruity sweetness to give the illusion of cough drops melting in a forest campfire, drenched with blue raspberry Slurpee.

To be honest, this is probably my least favorite of the Devilscent collection. While #1 used sweet bubblegummy jasmine played against the smoky woods to great effect, I find the sweet mentholated faux fruit in #4 distracting and unbalanced, adding a sort of chaotic weirdness instead of providing what I'm assuming was the intended juxtaposition against all the darker elements. I can see how this was supposed to be a sort of yin/yang, but I feel like the two sides melt together into an unintended third thing that's not as good as the sum of its parts.

All that being said, this is definitely interesting sniffing and I'll gladly take chaotic weirdness over just another stupid mainstream cliche. Worth a sniff.
08th April, 2017

Add your review of Devilscent #4 : Reprise

Shop for Devilscent #4 : Reprise products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Devilscent #4 : Reprise

There are no member images of Devilscent #4 : Reprise yet. Why not be the first?