Opus VII (2013)

HouseAmouage
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PerfumerPierre Negrin

About Opus VII

Part of the 'Library' collection.

Opus VII fragrance notes

Reviews of Opus VII

Smells like a 'man' in my opinion. Since I am a man this works out great for me. It almost smells like a piece of meat cooking over a fire in the woods.

I love it.
22nd March, 2021
As far as I know, Frederic Malle's French Lover (aka Bois d'Orage) was the first fragrance to discover that galbanum + incense + woods = dark smoke, a neat trick that derives much of its enjoyment from edging right up to the line between pleasureable and uncomfortable. I would not be surprised if the brief for Opus VII was "French Lover, but better." And better it is - it's truly striking, whereas FL to my nose doesn't quite feel fully worked out.

In Opus VII, the vetiver base of FL is replaced by a complex mixture of pretty much every single spice or woody base that exists. The emergent scent is dark, charred wood smoke, bitter and pungent but somehow deeply satisfying. The Opus range is my favorite collection of perfumes and this is an excellent exemplar of the line.
02nd February, 2019
I enjoyed the initial spicy mix of Opus VII, leading to a mellower amber–patchouli touched with smoldering oud, atop smooth sandalwood.

The sexy black bottle alone is a draw to me! Opus VII, IMO, can be worn by either gender comfortably. Interesting and wearable niche collector fragrance.
14th August, 2018
This one and opus 6 are the best of Amouage 's scent. Remember me M7 ,the Great ,Morillas loves vintage ? Very nice masculin scent ,galbanum,leather ,sintetic oud ,but good.
19th February, 2018
I compared this to FM French Lover for it's use of galbanum, but in Opus VII, galbanum is much more prominent and green. If nothing else, this fragrance is interesting! The cardamom cuts the overpowering green opening and gives it a little edge, to my nose that is. The fenugreek in the notes list might add to that. I also get a mint like quality to the opening as well. Below that I smell the Amouage soup of rich ambers, incense, and woods that I can never quite pick out clearly. Personally, this is not one that I'd buy a full bottle or even a decant. If you like odd super green fragrances then this might be worth a try.
08th June, 2017
Giant green monster with wood! If you are a big fan of green smelling fragrances, this is for you. Co-staring incense and a few woods. 5.5/10
01st April, 2015

Add your review of Opus VII

Shop for Opus VII products online

Shop for Opus VII at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Opus VII | Amouage | AMG | 100 mL

AE • Buy it now: USD 447.00.

Member images of Opus VII