Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne (2013)
by Christian Dior

Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne information

Year of Launch2013

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne

For the 70th anniversary of the House, the emblematic Gris Montaigne perfume was renamed Gris Dior. The fragrance itself is unchanged.

Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne fragrance notes

Reviews of Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne

This scent is greener in the opening and dries down a little more intense in Patchouli and rose; however, this is not your typical patchouli scent. It is lighter for patchouli and I find it lighter and sweeter for a chypre. If you have don't love patchouli but would like to dip your toe in it more this is a great scent for that. I also find if you are new to Chypre this is also a good scent to try out. This is catagorized as a chypre floral (similar to Magie Noire from Lancome). It's nothing like MN. I find it much fresher and cooler. I find it extremely complex and would classify it as a masterpiece. However, not really one I gravitate towards in my collection. I'm not really sure the reason for that. I think it's b/c it a little more floral than I like.
22nd July, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The rose-patchouli duo is in the foreground pretty much right form the start, with the rise being quite restrained in the bloom, and the patchouli being very soft. This is not at all a strong or harsh patchouli; it is soft, has a slightly sweet character, and Is much less intense that, for instance, the darker and edgier Patchouli 24 by Le Labo, for instance.

The drydown develops a love and bright jasmine, with a has a nice green undertone. Is is not leider you at all on me.

The base is drenched dubs wood - sandal, whiffs of guaïac and also some cedar, with a somewhat bland stems at a mossy note being present towards the end.

I get soft sillage, adequate projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

An agreeable spring creation that is rather thin and synthetic at times. 2.5/5
20th July, 2020
Its a rose/patchouli. Its all rounded off and blended together. Its got some mossy greenness in the opening, but that disapates fairly quickly. It has some sort of soda/candy streak running through it that perserveres in the background throughout the opening, heart, and drydown. Quite an interesting little trick. Sandalwood, cedar, moss, patchouli, rose. Its funny, rose and jasmine can dominate a frag so easily, but here I really like their interaction. Rose is more prominent, but I really feel the jasmine is present and dynamic. Ingredients smell like high quality. I find this really really nice. It is more feminine than masculine, but I could see someone comfortable pull it off of either sex. Solid thumbs up.
13th June, 2020
I sampled it few times from my official dabber. This is another dull, cheap white musk loaded, poorly executed composition from Francois Demachy, more like LVMH's inept marketing lot came up with. Official blurb says it has jasmine in it - perhaps a trace amount. I get some some facets of rose that are all too common in the market, especially in Dior's own high end line. It is now renamed and sold as Gris Dior - mine is the former. It seems Monsieur Demachy has been suffering from some form of creative barrenness for a very long time. The sillage and longevity are quite good. But at this level, especially if one considers the price and the whole aura of Dior Privee line (or whatever it is called now) those two should be secondary concern. Please do not waste your money on this piece of uninspiring drab! 1/5
01st December, 2019
The hesperidic (slightly acid) Gris Montaigne's opening conjures me vaguely for a while the vintage Habit Rouge Edt from the 90's (just an illusion) before to ascertain the emersion of a more profane contemporary lush (jammy floral) presence supported by a warm synth ambery/tangerinic patchouli kind of sultry and musky (in this further phase it seems to handle with a more banal Elie Saab Le Parfum, Cartier La Pantere or several vulgar PR Black Xs or Marc Jacob's). Frankly a disappointment.
13th November, 2019
Complete Masterpiece. Yes it is quite sweet, and very powdery floral, but Classy, this is the most classiest scent I have ever sniffed, beating Baccarat rouge in my opinion.

I have wore this more than a few times now, and it is a soft powder beast, lasts and lasts, i do feel it would smell better on a woman, but Wooow this is Sexy and addictive.
Highly Highly Recommending this if you dont mind sweet powder bomb.

I love this, possibly in my top 3 Maison Dior collection.
Gives off on my skin a lot of Violet, like a fizzy Palma Violet.

Scent 9.5 -10
Performance 9 -10
Sillage 9 - 10

Incredible 11hr + on my skin.
11th October, 2019

Add your review of Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne

Shop for Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne

There are no member images of Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne yet. Why not be the first?