Memoirs of a Trespasser (2012)
by Imaginary Authors

Memoirs of a Trespasser information

Year of Launch2012

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Memoirs of a Trespasser

Memoirs of a Trespasser is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

Memoirs of a Trespasser fragrance notes

Reviews of Memoirs of a Trespasser

Woody and warm! Creamy vanilla infused with rich woody notes of oak and Guaiac (palo santo), sweet resinous myrrh, earthy mineralic clay and musky ambrette.
Another masterpiece from this fantastic house!
06th May, 2020
Is it just me, or this smells like a flavored condom... And actually it makes me nauseous. Hard pass.
20th February, 2020
Exceptional gourmand fragrance.
Sweet woody spicy almost boozy (I like one of the other reviewers commenting the booze comes from the oak barrel) and fairly linear, not too powerful so its reserved and subtle and it really lasts. Until the next day. It leans masculine. Thank you!
It is therefore incredibly versatile and certainly except for the hight of summer could be worn day or night work or leisure. If you had to have one fragrance only this would be it.
You will get compliments but only from those who get close to you.
For me this is my day time cold weather fragrance and at a push night time as well but my main night time one is Histoires Des Parfums 1740 not because you can't use MOAT but because 1740 is stellar as a date fragrance. The best I have come across.

Fragrance: 8/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 9/10
07th February, 2020
Sweet gourmand.

Something of the gourmand nature here. I get something akin to orangey citrus, with coffee and caramel. Rounded, thick, and sweet. At 5 hours in its a pretty standard amber frag, so maybe tonka labdanum. I reapplied in a different area, im getting maybe some of that candle effect from Dior Homme Parfum, whatever that AC note is.
01st February, 2020
This reminds me quite a bit of Margiela's By the Fireplace. It's a dry smokey vanilla with a lot of woody notes. From reading the description I was worried there would be a boozy cognac note. As much as I love a nice drink, boozy fragrances seem to turn sour on my skin for some reason. So I was pleased to find that instead we get the impression of cognac from an oak barrel accord. I like the composition of the notes quite a lot (though I do think I still prefer BtF a little bit). My only complaint is that I don't really get much projection out of this one. Everyone's skin is different, and I think it can even come down to the notes sometimes (Cape Heartache was a beast on me). I will try to overspray a bit on my second wearing to see what I can get out of it. But, for now its a nice albeit underperforming scent.
08th October, 2019
From January, 2015:

The gem of the Imaginary Authors line, Memoirs incorporates the smoky, ashy components of guiac wood and myrhh to create a dark, dry, dusty vanilla with great contrast between its bitter, burnt notes and their sweeter and softer counterparts. The vanilla itself is deep and warm, and provides a solid, encompassing foundation for the base. This is a great treatment of vanilla. It's different and takes on the challenge of focusing just as much on other elements than the simple allure of an edible, gourmand vanilla note. At the same time, it's so easy to wear and could even work as a signature scent, at least in the fall and winter. With very good projection and longevity, I wouldn't be surprised if this achieves some kind of cult status among the fragrance community. Judging by the reviews, it already has.

Jan
2015

13th August, 2019

Add your review of Memoirs of a Trespasser

Shop for Memoirs of a Trespasser products online

Shop for Memoirs of a Trespasser at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Memoirs of a Trespasser

There are no member images of Memoirs of a Trespasser yet. Why not be the first?