Bull's Blood (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Bull's Blood

Bull's Blood is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

Bull's Blood fragrance notes

Reviews of Bull's Blood

Opens with an alcohol-soaked rose note, not too bad. Later you get the soft, powdery patchouli-musk combo which just makes anything smell dated. Rose doesn't help either, contributing to a more mature smell.

The overall impression is a soft, unisex, patchouli-rose that's not super loud. What I don't get is anything offensive. Just a little animalic musk, maybe.

I get a decent 3-4 hours of projection.
26th January, 2020
An odd one for me, since the first time I wore it I felt assaulted by a pungent odor, not unlike strong body odor and recoiled from it. As that died down, the dark rose-patchouli becomes more prominent, but also less daring and interesting than the arresting opening. After a few wearings, I've become accustomed to the opening, and though I wouldn't say "I like it", or would choose to wear it, I do have a grudging admiration for the perfumer's choices as inventive. No doubt some -a daring few- could wear this, as the drydown seems perfectly fine for polite company. I am not one of those people, however. A neutral rating but something I return to from time to time, just to remind myself what it smells like.
09th October, 2019
Big slap in the face with patchouli and rose, at first. The top, of the middle has a slight burnt tire smell that turns into a sweaty, human body accord. Then, an iron-y, metallic vibe - maybe from the costus root? This, dispels slowly, mellowing out. The base is musky but, I swear I smell an iris or violet note as this dries down into something kind of powdery. The sweetness of patchouli returns. Long-lasting on my skin.

I enjoy this one. It is creepy and sexy at the same time.
12th September, 2018
Legit smells like a dead/dying animal. It is an entirely unwearable scent in public, but I give it a neutral rating because it embodies the name and notes accurately. Art house fragrance at its finest!
29th June, 2018
iobhai Show all reviews
You've walked into a barn filled with wet hay, and something bad must have happened because the farmhands are pouring sour roses everywhere to cover it up! Creepy! Oh no! They've lit it all on fire and they're throwing patchouli on it to make it worse! Get me out of here! Bull's Blood by Imaginary Authors.
07th February, 2018
Numcks' review is excellent, although my love for this is more muted. I give this a neutral because I can't agree with Colin Maillard that this is safe or wearable: I think the reviews are testament that many/most? around you will experience this as challenging at best. But do give it a go, perhaps alone, walking the Seville streets. It's a fascinating dark rose.
10th January, 2018