Peony & Blush Suede (2013)
by Jo Malone London

Peony & Blush Suede information

Year of Launch2013

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Peony & Blush Suede

Peony & Blush Suede is a feminine perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Peony & Blush Suede fragrance notes

Reviews of Peony & Blush Suede

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a nice floral, but the very first impression I get though is a fruity one, on the citrus side, ripe Boskoop apples mainly. Then the floral side kicks in, which is mainly Peony initially indeed.

The drydown adds an agreeable rose blossom, with sone carnation also making itself smelt.

Then the suede develops: soft, new suede from Nappa leather. Quite bright and a bit in the lean side.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

A nice scent for spring, the opening and the and a quite pleasant, but most of the notes are a tad too generic. The performance is not great either. Agreeable. Not much more though. 2.75/5
11th August, 2020
Peony and Blush suede is a lovely grown up woman's everyday scent perfectly suited for winter days and or early spring, otherwise it can come across a bit too sweet in the warmer months . The apple and peony is balanced so gracefully. If only the longevity & silliage were better. But a beautiful cologne for a cool day. I get lots of compliments with this one .
07th April, 2017
A huge disappointment.Opens with a sweet floral note that is somewhat jarring. I did not detect peony or suede. It loses the balance of it's sharpness quickly and finally dries down to a powdery sweetness (vanilla?) that reminds me of carpet freshener. I hope that it lost some of it's alluring qualities during shipping thus resulting in my experience.I do enjoy several of the Jo Malone's line and Peony abd Blush Suede seems an aberrant attempt for a young adult crowd. The crowd who enjoy flavored lip gloss.
06th August, 2016
Peony & Blush Suede has a fairly nice floral note (which seems to be a Jo Malone specialty) over a standard fruity floral base of pink pepper and sweetened patchouli, with just a pinch of suede to justify the name. The whole affair is quite loud and, as the flowers fade, it smells more and more like fabric softener.

And that's the problem. As a bit of background, there are some musks that were specifically designed for fabric softener that won't wash off and are scientifically designed to last for weeks. I get it, if you want a lingering scent that lasts on your towels while they sit in a closet, but I feel tricked and taken advantage of when I try on a scent and am forced to smell like it for a week as it refuses to wash off. If you ask me, this is what IFRA should be banning. Only sample if you want to smell cheap for days at a time.
28th May, 2015

Add your review of Peony & Blush Suede

Shop for Peony & Blush Suede products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Peony & Blush Suede

There are no member images of Peony & Blush Suede yet. Why not be the first?