Carved Oud (2013)

Carved Oud information

Year of Launch2013

HouseThameen

About Carved Oud

Carved Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Thameen. The scent was launched in 2013

Carved Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Carved Oud

Lovely oud/cedar combo with an undertone of some perfect sweetness...smells classy...to me , the kind of fragrance you want to stick your nose to and just keep breathing it in because it's so enjoyable...the patch adds an overall earthiness...enjoyable olfactory experience...The lack of strength and staying power is the only thing keeping me from a full bottle , but i would not hesitate to grab a decent decant...
29th June, 2020
When you first spray this on you get the most scintillating stunning yet subtle oud with a back bone of cedar and a spicy freshness.
If masculine class olfactory sense could sing an aria that would take anyone's breath away this would be it. I was about to place an order. Instant FBW.
After 15 minutes its settled into a dry crystalline beautiful wood which one day will be seen as the gold standard for all Oud Wood fragrances.
The problem is that it is rather unidimensional although maybe that is my problem. Perhaps that is what it is trying to be and I was about to place an order as my signature work scent when after an hour it had all but vaporised leaving a paltry skin scent.
What a shame. A bit like Sicilian Wood by Tom Daxton which is a stunning freshy but lasts less than my aftershave.
Thameen, why do you show us perfection then steal it from us?
Perhaps you are really selling us the experience of whistfulness and that is the true art.
Probably not.
Fragrance: 9/10 opening, 7.75-8 as a work fragrance on dry down.
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 3.5/10 Shocker.

07th February, 2020
Like all Thameen fragrances I've tried Carved Oud is a finely tuned, carefully calculated cool fine woods fragrance. This scent speaks in whispers and in hushed tones. Initially the smell is a very clean oud wood and nothing much more. The name "carved oud" gives an idea of the smell because their is no smoke, no animalics, little earthiness, but a clean pure feeling of floating medicinal and sweet oud wood as if it might had been freshly carved from an ancient piece of aged oud wood, wood shavings scattered about. This is a sacred aroma that is familiar. This oud aroma is light and thin, but the quality and purity of intent is unmistakable. The oud is backed by cedar, guaic, patchouli and white musk. All of these aromas support a very light silvery oud and quiet woods aroma. If you are looking for a big oud or bold perfume, this is not for you. I like it though. Very nice.
26th January, 2017 (last edited: 27th January, 2017)

Add your review of Carved Oud

Shop for Carved Oud products online

Shop for Carved Oud at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Carved Oud

There are no member images of Carved Oud yet. Why not be the first?