Ambre Loup

Ambre Loup information

HouseRania J
PerfumerRania Jouaneh

About Ambre Loup

Ambre Loup is a shared / unisex perfume by Rania J. The fragrance was created by perfumer Rania Jouaneh

Ambre Loup fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre Loup

Ambre Loup is my first sampling of Rania J.; itís a rich amber fragrance, a mix of clove, spices, Peru balsam, labdanum, vanilla, agarwood, guaiac, and cedar, and it all fits together so wellóresinous, spicy, and sweet, with some creamy and smoky undertones, as well. Thereís only the vague hint of an animalic side; this is mainly the sweeter side of amber, which is certainly my preference. It has almost cinnamon-like nuances that give it a dessert-leaning sweetness while nonetheless being a resinous fragrance, not a gourmand. Itís definitely more so sweet than it is spicy, and itís the balance that both an amber- and gourmand-lover like myself goes for.

Compared to, say, MFK Grand Soir, Ambre Loup feels more like pure vanilla (almost the spicy Madagascar vanilla of Gallagher Fragrances Wicked Good), whereas Grand Soir is spicierósweet, still, but with an uptick in spice from Ambre Loup. In that respect, Ambre Loup reminds me a bit more so of Tom Ford Amber Absolute, even.

Also, its projection is boastful, its consistency dense and strong, from the onset, drying down very nice into a still-very-dense fragrance. Itís an EDP but gives the vibe of an extrait upon dry down. Overall, very impressive performance.

Ambre Loup is sold via Luckyscent in the US at $149 for 50ml, and I believe its value is high so Iíll give strong consideration to seeking out a bottle after I compare it to some other ambers that I have.

8 out of 10
22nd May, 2020
Amber with cloves, vanilla and road tar.

Not quite as persistent on my skin as I expected, given the nature of the first sniff, but long-lasting enough for me.

Not nearly as polite and well-mannered as Ambre 114, or Ambre Sultan, but darker and more edgy, and more along the line of Slumberhouse things. And "modern" in the somewhat-challenging sense of contemporary perfumery.
23rd January, 2019
oh hell naw. It smells like a wolf after he ate cinnamon rolls for 3 hours.

Actually, this fragrance makes me nauseous.

Longevity is great, which is a problem.
18th January, 2019
Between Two Worlds by denis forkas 2016
16th November, 2018
Both thumbs up high in the sky for this one!
Leathery, smokey, animalic amber: castoreum, oud and a hint of spicy orange, all smoothed out by vanilla and labdanum, sweetening as it dries down. Projection and sillage are perfect for the type of scent it is - you've got to get reasonably close, but when you do...you're gonna want to get *much* closer. Longevity is incredible. I've found it really addictive - it's given Queen Shalimar a run for her money this winter. It's warming, sexy, enveloping, sexy, comforting, sexy, distinctive, (did I mention sexy?!) and 100% unisex.
My panties drop every time I sniff my own wrist.
16th February, 2018
A very dark, deep, intense, almost smoky, animalic amber.

It does smell like a "loup" (= wolf), but it is the kind of wolf that is growling towards you, with red and bloodshot eyes.

Respectable, challenging, but in the end: unwearable for most situations.
14th August, 2017

Add your review of Ambre Loup

Shop for Ambre Loup products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Ambre Loup

There are no member images of Ambre Loup yet. Why not be the first?