Ecstasy (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseTiziana Terenzi
PerfumerPaolo Terenzi

About Ecstasy

Ecstasy is a shared / unisex perfume by Tiziana Terenzi. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Paolo Terenzi

Ecstasy fragrance notes

Reviews of Ecstasy

Yeah...this is right in my wheelhouse. Jammy from pine and spruce resin as well as rose. There's definitely some frankincense in here as well that doesn't let the rose get overpowering. Ecstasy is very comfortable to wear. It has a nice vapor trail without causing choke out for the unsuspecting passer by in the house. Since there are no co-workers around the house you don't have to worry about offending them, just family members. I would say Ecstasy has more in common with No. 88 than it does with Lyric Man from an overall masculine rose "vibe" standpoint. Instead of the clove rose smell I get from No. 88, Ecstasy has the conifer rose going on...very nice!
19th April, 2020
As someone who owns and loves both Frederic Malle "Potrait of a Lady" and By Kilian "Incense Oud," TT's Ecstasy Perfume is reminiscent of both. Landing a bit less oily, resinous & heavy than Incense Oud, or POAL, if blindfolded I would have a difficult time differentiating between the above mentioned fragrances and TT's Ecstasy.

Opening with pleasant green notes of balsam, pine & spruce, the opening recedes rather quickly as beautiful notes of cool stone powder, incense & patchouli emerge. The mid-notes beautifully blend with the opening notes, as rose & violet floral notes waft and rise with a calming, gentle smokiness. While less incense intense and a bit smoother actually that Incense Oud (I imagine due to the absence of oud, real or otherwise), Ecstasy lands with a lovely sandalwood, amber, tonka and old wood base. The fragrance is creamy, smooth and very feminine. The dry down exhibits lots of incense, rose and wood...it's nice.

Not much more to say about this one. It is a beauty. I'd say silage is a bit less than By Kilian Incense Oud and definitely less so than POAL. Longevity is good. Value is extremely good given the high quality of this fragrance, especially when compared to the other main competitors.

If you are a fan of dark, heavy-ish, resinous, dramatic rose-incense-wood fragrances, I say go ahead and give Tiziana Terenzi "Ecstasy" a try.
11th October, 2019
Incense, then rich rose, touch of amber--impressions from an amateur nose. Lovely, not really me though. Not necessary to enjoy it! Just....not for my skin. Let me put it this way: were I to smell it for the first time on some stranger in the Mall, I would follow her to ask about it. #notastalker #loveperfume
19th September, 2018
Sharp spicy top notes that include frankincense which isn't listed anywhere. There is sharp pine and green notes that smell a bit citrus-y. There is a haunting memory of "Aspen" by Coty here as well. Don't know if I'd wear it, but it is a creative fragrance.
14th May, 2017
Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink notes lists frighten me a little – I’ve come across too many perfumes striving for complexity but collapsing instead under the muddle of their ingredients. I kept putting off trying Tiziana Terenzi’s range seeing the length of the listed notes. Ecstasy is my toe in the water.
And while it may not make me ecstatic it is a relief that it is so easy to wear and has some novel juxtapositions.
The start is what might call almost ‘traditional’ for avant perfumery – a fanfare of incense smoke (that all but vanishes soon after) followed by a daring dose of conifers. Ok that’s them ‘artisanal’ credentials established right there. But the audacity and success of what follows is to be commended.
While the pine remains the main theme, planted slap bang in the middle, the complimentary notes are unexpected – syrupy florals (with red roses blooming among them) and dried fruit. These shouldn’t work together and yet they seem to extend the range of the conifers, the forest as garden of the senses. At times the interplay of the notes give an oud-like impression - but soft and distant.
Well-composed but suffers from a certain solidity, which means that while it is good, it doesn’t quite have the zing of the great.
29th January, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
This is a scent that starts out with a nice pine note that has a dusty-balsamic undertone on my skin, and soon add a few floral components. In this drydown I get a spicy impression that mainly seems to be carried by a patchouli that is neither dark nor lightweight; a balanced patchouli without excessive sharpness. Another distinct feature is a pleasant and quite natural violet is a hint of a dark rose.

Following a not uncommon pattern, the base notes are the most base-ic: woodsy, in a nigh-generic way with a fairly pedestrian vanilla - that is a disappointing end.

On me the performance is middle-of-the-road: moderate sillage, adequate projection and six hours of longevity: neither bad nor excellent - as is the overall impression this opus of niche perfumery has on me. 2.5/5
30th July, 2015

Add your review of Ecstasy

Shop for Ecstasy products online

Shop for Ecstasy at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Ecstasy

There are no member images of Ecstasy yet. Why not be the first?