Oud Fleur (2013)

PerfumerYann Vasnier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Oud Fleur

Oud Fleur is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yann Vasnier

Reviews of Oud Fleur

‘Highly spiced sweet muck’ was my initial impression. Oud Fleur seemed to be taking the most obvious elements of the Arabic style of perfumery and doing them no justice. The floral elements were reduced to syrup, the spices – chili, ginger, cinnamon, cumin to the fore – seemed thrown at the composition; this seemed to have ‘cheap’ (in the sense of lacking all refinement) written all over it. About the only redeeming feature seemed to be a mentholated feel to it – like a breeze blowing through the elements.
Perhaps this accounts for the much better cloud that this perfume releases – its presence in a room is of a warm and buxom oriental with much of the harshness smelt close up on skin smoothed out. Alas, my hooter is firmly attached to my body and not a couple of feet distant to catch the trail.
Settles and becomes more polite in the drydown, with a spiced wood feel emerging (more sandalwood thus treated rather than oud), but by this point it’s difficult for me to budge from feeling underwhelmed.

18th November, 2019
As a man who loves the adventure of fragrance, I really like the oud/floral/rose mixture...when its done right. And TF did it wonderfully. The floral hits u up front and the oud and a few other notes carry in the background. The scent will hold of for quite a while and is a great way for a man to get comfortable with a floral scent.
10th March, 2019
This one is a rock star for me. Incredibly well blended, beautiful scent. A mellow spiced rose and oud combo. Can't stop smelling my arm! Big time longevity for me as well. Comes across as mellow, high-class, and relaxed. Like what James Bond would wear on his off day. 10/10.
14th June, 2018
Stunning.... This despite being heavy on the floral, It feels totally unisex.
Sweet Floral in the opening and a little oud in the background.... Stearing this away from being feminine.

Above average longevity tho, this changes quite a bit from the opening right through until the end.
Another Stunner from TF range, the more I get to try of this line, the more I am liking. A big thumbs up.

Overall Scent 8.9- 10
Longevity 7.5- 10
Sillage 6.5- 10

Defo worth a try.
12th May, 2018
I truly appreciate Tom Ford's forays into oud experimentation. He has certainly created some real classics, and I felt courageous enough to try Oud Fleur though I was concerned that it'd swing more feminine and alienate me.

Not so! The oud is not at all loud nor pretentious, and it is greatly tempered by the amazing assortment of other notes, i.e. rose, cinnamon, sandalwood, patchouli, cardamom, ginger, amber, and the others which I don't recognize. Matter of fact, Oud Fleur reminded me constantly of one of my personal favorites in my collection from Hermes, namely Bel Ami: Sophisticated, even-tempered, unpretentious and just easy to wear for any formal nighttime occasion.

In the end, I as a man can see myself wearing Tom Ford's Oud Fleur comfortably without fear of smelling "feminine" per se, though this fragrance IMO can be worn by women wanting an understated, classy spicy-woody scent.

07th April, 2018
Oud Fleur is a really well balanced rose fragrance. I almost want to call it an oud rose, but the oud is very light and is secondary so even though its in the title this fragrance is a rose scent supported by oud, sandalwood, leather and patchouli for a dry but warm background.
So on balance we have very well rounded rose with some spices, nice leather and woods supporting notes and a bit of incense oud before it retires. One of the better rose scents out on the market today. I wouldn't call it an oud scent because all these other notes are secondary to the big rose statement. Oud Fleur is in the same category of fine rose scents as fragrances such as Rose of No Man's Land, Gris Montaigne, Lumiere Noir pour Homme, and Rose Arcana. These are all similar but Oud Fleur is one of the best of that group.
14th January, 2018

Add your review of Oud Fleur

Shop for Oud Fleur products online

Shop for Oud Fleur at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Oud Fleur

There are no member images of Oud Fleur yet. Why not be the first?