Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar (2013)
by Tauer

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar information

Year of Launch2013
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar fragrance notes

Reviews of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

PHI-Un Rose de Kandahar - This is a beautiful fragrance. At the very opening I am hit with the outward edge of a rose expansion, but then is that not apricot? No I think it is rose geranium scent that is thick and luscious and blends together the tart of apricot and the expansive openness of rose. In the opening and all through the scent progression II smell and feel bits of tobacco along with some dry tonka. The tonka gives this rose tobacco scent a very dry wind over the desert feel. The dryness and leafy bits of tobacco warmth gives this an outdoor quality. As the day wears on the rose, apricot leafy tobacco dry base creates the illusion of a dry rose hued wood scent inside a winter sauna. I like this rose very much - a favorite.
27th April, 2020
A somewhat spicy, bitter incense beginning. I smell tobacco right away. I get a hint of cinnamon, a bit of almond. Fruits are weak, at best. Then, there it is - a flutter of apricot.

Rose, in many forms, personalities, winds its way in the mix. Rose isn't over-bearing here. I detect a slight boozy-ness as well. the tobacco disappears.

Mild rose fades into the base. It's a nearly typical, oriental base with its patchouli, vanilla, Tonka, musk, and amber-like accords and notes. Every now and then I think I'm smelling the tobacco leaf again. This is a lovely "safe" fragrance. It isn't as strong as other Tauer perfumes I've tried. It would make a great introductory to Tauer scents for those not initiated. The rose does last, by the way.
26th January, 2019
After having sampled a fair few, I'm beginning to think that most Tauer scents are variations on the same core idea. This one once again starts off with full-on incense, which gives way to the same oily rose that also dominates the middle of Une Rose Chyprée. Likewise, the dry-down reveals patchouli and ambergris, but this one is sweetened by more vanilla. With more than a tiny spray, this could be highly anti-social: powerful stuff!
17th March, 2018
I SO want to love this one! The opening notes fill me with the sort of delight that makes me immediately refigure my entire perfume budget. A tender rose all tarted up with spicy warm apricot--oh my! I fall in love each and every time I smell Phi's beginning. But then...then some sort of prickly and utterly synthetic chemical note/chord (Ambroxan? Iso Super E?) takes over and overwhelms the entire scent, pushing and shoving like a schoolyard bully anytime a bit of apricot or cinnamon attempts to raise its timid head. It's an unfair fight, and the smell of something unfortunately similar to rubbing alcohol wins by a knock out.

Call the principal. :-(
11th October, 2017 (last edited: 18th November, 2017)
I had high hopes for this, and when it first went on, it was stunning – beautiful rose, sweet apricot, vanilla, almond and a touch of spice. Alas, it must be my skin chemistry, because after an hour that gorgeous rose morphed into a dusty, musty, mouldy old wood smell. Shame, because the first hour of this was absolutely wonderful, and it smells lovely in the little sample bottle ☹ I don’t know if it’s that particular combination of notes that doesn’t work on me, but I tried another scent a while ago with similar notes and got the same musty, dusty smell. I’m giving it a neutral because I think it would be gorgeous on the person with the right chemistry.
06th October, 2017
A lovely sultry rosy opening that suddenly disintegrates into a cinnamon-ambroxan cloying stew.
09th July, 2017

Add your review of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

Shop for Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

There are no member images of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar yet. Why not be the first?

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar News