Parfum du 68 (2013)

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Parfum du 68

Released to mark the redesign of the Guerlain flagship store on the Champs Elysées.

Parfum du 68 fragrance notes

Reviews of Parfum du 68

rbaker Show all reviews
By far the important component on me is the immortelle. It has a spicy character, which is quite restrained and smoothened with the help of whiffs of an faint ylang-ylang, whiffs of heliotrope, tonka and a good measure of vanilla. This all is underlined with an gentle incense impression that is neither too heavy, nor ceremonious or medicinal - a discreet incense it is indeed

Later on an ambery benzoin appears and grows in strength over time, joining forces with a leather that is soft, more suede-like and lacking any significant smokiness or gasoline note. The earlier notes linger on, and merge with the benzoin-leather quite seamlessly.

I got moderate sillage, very good projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for warmer autumn days is more straightforward and much less complex that the Cologne 68, which used 68 ingredients as this is the number of Guerlain’s flagship store in the Champs-Élysées - we are lucky their house number is not 675! This parfum is a bit linear at times, but all the notes merge nicely into a pleasant overall impression; the blending is done very well. 3.25/5.
23rd March, 2020
This scent comes simple, heavy bottle with an etching highlighting the Paris Guerlain building at 68 Champs Elysee. My box was purchased at the Guerlain shop in Las Vegas in 2015, thus illustrating my favorable view of this scent that I actually paid retail for it. :) The name on the brochure enclosed is "Le 68 Eau de Parfum", not Parfum du 68. I think this is significant in showing this EdP is a different, more streamlined combination of notes than those in the previously released the glorious Cologne du 68 which boasted the use of 68 notes of most every flower and herb imaginable. (I also own and love that scent,can you tell?) Le 68 is most definitely unisex to my nose, though it is marked masculine above. It's a benzoin & spice fluffy pillow. Longevity is 8-10 hours on me, sillage is surprisingly moderate for a Guerlain.
15th April, 2019
I have to admit I didn’t love it the first time I put it on. But an hour later it smelled like vanilla amber powder. I don’t usually care for powder but this is soft pillowy and yet spicy. I think it is very feminine. I just bought my second bottle.
27th January, 2018
This is a beautiful fragrance, reminds me a lot of Mon Précieux Nectar with the orange blossom and heliotrope notes they have in common. It is a bit more floral than Mon Précieux Nectar but they are definitely cousins. Gorgeous feminine scent.
07th August, 2014

Add your review of Parfum du 68

Shop for Parfum du 68 products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Parfum du 68

There are no member images of Parfum du 68 yet. Why not be the first?