Amber Aoud (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseRoja Dove
PerfumerRoja Dove

About Amber Aoud

Amber Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Roja Dove

Amber Aoud fragrance notes

Reviews of Amber Aoud

Okay....So this is really nice. Lovely amber, oud & rose combo. You can tell the quality of ingredients used. Extremely well blended.

Here's the problem!!.....Anything with a hint of rose is just a no no for me. I keep trying various renditions of rose but I just can't handle it. Anyway....If you like rose, amber and oud and have loads of spare cash you're going to love this one!!
25th May, 2019 (last edited: 25th November, 2019)
Marketed as an amber oud scent, Roja Dove has created a more rose + oud fragrance on balance, which is totally fine with me!

This EdP exudes class and refinement: Rich rose tops all of the notes, joined by a tamed agarwood and enhanced by waxy marine abergris. The saffron adds a medicinal-herbal touch; ylang swirls the potion with creamy-banana-flowery goodness. Unusual is the sticky sweet-sourish fig note, smooth oak moss, and hefty musk. Whew! :-)

Amber Aoud does have a refined amber quality to it, not in the heavier way I had expected compared to, say, Tom Ford's Amber Absolute (i.e., thick, powdery, and sweet). Nonetheless, this is a showy fragrance that performs well with great sillage and longevity.
27th December, 2018
Very nice and worth testing Amber-Oud combination. Win progressively and embed the wearer in the course of a cloud of subtle complexity.
05th December, 2018
Smells like a million already available Arabic Attars / oils.. candy like sticky sweetness with synthetic oud, very sticky and cloying imho.

definitely targeted to a specific region where similar thick / sweet fragrances are preferred.
19th October, 2017
Short and sweet- one of the very best scents I've ever put my nose on. If money were no object, I'd own a bottle. Heck- I might buy a bottle anyway. So good- my favorite amber and compliment city, if that matters to you.
06th May, 2017
A powerhouse of a fragrance, lasted 24 hours on my skin but it is not overpowering or offensive in any way, I can still smell traces after showering. The ambergris is very prominent to me from beginning to end, I don't really get much oud from it. Overall, it is a quality blend that amber fans will fall in love with one of the best if not THE best ambergris fragrances on the market. It oozes quality and fine natural ingredients like most Roja Dove fragrances, not synthetic at all. Despite the price tag, it is worth every penny. Definitely one for special occasions.
29th April, 2017 (last edited: 08th February, 2018)

Add your review of Amber Aoud