Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche (2014)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche information

Year of Launch2014

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche

rbaker Show all reviews
A bright and sunny opening with orange, a touch of lemon and an aquatic touch - a refreshing set if top notes this is indeed.

The drydown continues the feel of the opening phase, but with times a floral side - geranium with whiffs of carnations too, but the fresh opening impression still lingers on concurrently.

The base adds a light and soft patchouli, and merges with a woodsy undertone; the latter mainly a soft cedar on me.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant summery flanker that is lighter and more citrus-heavy that the original. Simple, with the later phases a too generic to convince, but with an opening that is gently invigorating in warm climes. 2.75/5
16th August, 2020
As the name implies, a fresh Terre De Hermes. Very nice to have an Eau Fraiche last all day.

Also, its lighter than the EDP, so it does even better in high heat with humidity.

8.5/10
21st March, 2020
I suppose one of the main problems with the original Terre d'Hermes and its stronger Parfum variant is that it's not generally seen as very "fresh" and people want freshness. The problem is with that is I always thought the Terre opening was quite fresh due to the natural citrus, it only lost that freshness during the latter parts of it.

Eau Tres Fraiche (very fresh water) version of this makes an attempt at creating a more fresh, summery version of original TdH, but it does this not by messing with the woody, not-so-fresh dry down but by simply replacing the well-balanced orange with a more sharper aquatic citrus accord. It would had made much more sense to make it more fresh or aquatic or even floral into the dry down, the woods at the bottom are simply not tres fraiche. In short, it fails to do what it set out to do.

On top of that, we're back down to the wimpy EdT concentration, and after enjoying the Parfum strength so much, it feels like a significant step down. If you want a fresh orange fragrance that actually smells like fresh orange the whole way through, then take a step over to the cologne section and try out Hermes' Eau d'Orange Concentre, though the orange there is much sharper. If you like the opening more than the original EdT then it's fine, but for me there's just little reason for this to exist.
26th August, 2019
It still has that flinty feel from the normal TdH, but it is paired with a much lighter citrus giving it an airier summery feel. The cedar gives it a cooling almost menthol backdrop. Wears a bit light which is good for summer, longevity not great.
27th March, 2019
Citrus, woody, dirty, yet fun.

The bright and fun loving younger brother of its original counterpart. It's cleaner and orangey-er and in my opinion designed to be worn in a more carefree environment like a day outside with people you respect. Save the original for lawyers and my father, this suits a man in his 30's who also saves *a lot* for his retirement. Excellent release.
01st October, 2018
I'm sitting there plotting world domination and thinking about how much I like the original Terre d'Hermes - masculine, refined, classy. So I purchase the Eau Tres Fraiche version and spray it on. It, too, is refined and classy. That much is clear. But is it masculine? I walk outside. A bird has crapped on my car. It's a mild, damp mid-summer day, and I'm wearing dark jeans and a black T-shirt with boots. I smell this sweet orange fragrance on myself. Something doesn't feel right. I go back inside to change into some dressier pants and shoes, then top it with a pink collared shirt open at the neck. I wait until the day warms up and dries out and I get invited to an outdoor wedding, then I take my family for a walk through a botanical garden to avoid attending the wedding service. There is a breeze. I forget about work. I laugh and play tag with the kids, then go to the outdoor wedding reception to dance and drink champagne. Hmm... the Eau Tres Fraiche is smelling more masculine. In a different way than the original.

I give the bottle to my wife. It's her favorite fragrance and she wears it almost every day. I steal a spray once in a while, but not every day.
14th August, 2018

Add your review of Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche

Shop for Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche products online

Shop for Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche

There are no member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche yet. Why not be the first?

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche News