Nero Assoluto (2013)

HouseRoberto Cavalli
PerfumerLouise Turner
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Nero Assoluto

Nero Assoluto is a feminine perfume by Roberto Cavalli. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Louise Turner

Nero Assoluto fragrance notes

Reviews of Nero Assoluto

I'm really mad for this one. If I'd guessed, I'd have pegged it as something that came out between 2005 and 2007. That was the time of Black XS and Black Orchid and Euphoria, and this feels like Cavalli's version of the dark fruity stickiness.

I've read reviews where Nero Assoluto is said to be similar to Madonna's Truth or Dare, and they're certainly in the same heady white floral Coty Prestige ballpark. It actually smells to me like a fragrance resulting from the same brief as Euphoria, but executed for the Cavalli brand instead of Calvin Klein. I love them both; side-by-side, Euphoria starts to seem positively steely, gender-neutral, and safe for work, and Nero Assoluto is warm and very femme on the spectrum.

I'd be interested in the full breakdown of notes; it's heady with white florals, and while I can't pick out a specific fruity note, it feels jammy and spicy to me as well as laden with vanilla and wood. Sometimes I think I'm picking up strong black coffee.

Speaking of black coffee, I haven't smelled By Dolce Gabbana in ages, though Nero Assoluto has the kind of big, warm, womanly Italian personality I always associated with that beloved discontinued fragrance. I don't mean to suggest it as a substitute - it's not - yet it's similarly provocative and unapologetic in an 80s kind of way.
21st February, 2015 (last edited: 12th May, 2015)
rbaker Show all reviews
A rather synthetic orchid opening leading into a woodsy vanilla drydown. Simplicity that is well executed with top ingredients can yield great results - this rather unexciting scent does not. I get adequate sillage and projection, but only a longevity of a couple of hours in my skin.
Not bad. Mediocre. 2.25/5
14th January, 2015
Salutation.

She loves the city,she walks the streets shopping& people watching,she meets up with loved ones for a quick bite and amidst it all...she charms with her soft,inviting scent which is as open-hearted and seductive as she is!i am so in love with this one.it enchances you by not offending with heaviness,but satitates and titilates leaving your own personal essence to tempt the audience.this scent makes hot things happen.Vanillic, Feminine,Exciting,Erotic, Lovely,warm and Charming.

This feminine scent is a alluring blend of lovely orchid,gorgeous smoky vanilla with subtle undertones of woods that makes a nice dry down and will make people sniff the air for more when you walk into the room.it blend with a beautifull black dress and sparkly jewerly as you feel so elegant and sexy when you wear it.it is sweet without being girly and it is just warm without being overpowering at all.it is not deeply sexy but i found a sensual and sensuous smell that catches the imagination of all of those who come in contact.

Sillage?Pleasent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.25/10
17th December, 2014
A first sniff and you exclaim.. good, really good, so modern, so glamour, such a more articulated sort of Tom Ford Black Orchid, equally sultry/carnal with an heady dark orchid but deeper, darker, woodier and finally balmy/vanillic in an almost edible way! Why my negative rating so? The aroma is utterly headache inducing and finally extremely cloying a la Marc Jacobs Lola or stuffs like that. Cavalli Nero Assoluto is supremely synthetic on my skin guys, something frankly unbearable.
22nd March, 2014 (last edited: 22nd February, 2015)

Add your review of Nero Assoluto

Shop for Nero Assoluto products online

Shop for Nero Assoluto at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Nero Assoluto

There are no member images of Nero Assoluto yet. Why not be the first?