Aoud Violet (2014)

Aoud Violet information

Year of Launch2014

HouseMancera

About Aoud Violet

Aoud Violet is a shared / unisex perfume by Mancera. The scent was launched in 2014

Aoud Violet fragrance notes

Reviews of Aoud Violet

A nice surprise! Very traditional, in exciting men’s fragrance...

Initial impression on the skin is an overwhelming Violet and musk combination but this is quickly cut with woods, oud, and vetiver. The amber plays a nice role in rounding out the fragrance.

A perfect scent if you work in a corporate office. Made for a confident man who is very sure of himself.

Overall very pleasant HOWEVER, one could find a very similar fragrance for less. This reminded me of Dior Homme with less synthetics. Great fragrance if you’re in need of musk.
10th November, 2019
Heavy and thick opening, very very green/herbaceous. I don't detect any violet in the opening, which is a shame. Settles down to a spicy wooden notes with hints of musk here and there, almost the epitome of 'fresh'. Longevity is incredible and a little bit goes on and on.
18th December, 2018
Sweet, juicy opening with plenty of green/fresh violet notes. With the violet being so noticeable up front, my first thought was that this is like a sweetened version of Fahrenheit. However, I think the better comparison is to Carven pour Homme, which I like very much.

Sweet, sexy, clean violet throughout, almost soapy. You only get the oud note if you sniff right on my skin. Later into the drydown, the oud goes away leaving a classic, clean amber behind.

I'm sure this would smell great on women too but I really like this for me as a guy. Like I said before, it's like a sweetened Fahrenheit or Carven Pour Homme, so I really like it.

Mancera usually delivers in the performance category and Aoud Violet doesn't disappoint. Projection isn't beastly but should be more than adequate while longevity is very good, lasting all day.
09th December, 2018 (last edited: 19th December, 2018)
Strong, bitter opening with bergamot, green notes, and a spice / herb I can't identify. Tarragon, maybe? Very masculine. The bitterness fades as violet and patchouli take over. There is an almost soapiness overtone. Vetiver appears. Then a mossy-ness. Amber on the bottom. Overall, I'd still say this is more for men. Rather herbalish.
20th October, 2018
Bright.... Vibrant, and very uplifting.
This almost lights the room. Definitely brightens my mood with a few sprays of this. Long lasting and fresh.

Quite a Masculine frag so don't be fooled by the name. Very enjoyable.

Scent 9- 10
Longevity 8.2-10
Sillage 8.7 - 10
16th July, 2018
This smells so familiar - it took me a while to place it, but the main aroma chemical I'm detecting from this is the one I detect from D&G La Force 11 (2009) by Dolce & Gabbana.

It's an ok fragrance. The opening has a thick, oily texture. It smells nothing like oud or even fake oud. Amber is a listed note - it doesn't smell like amber. The other listed notes seem plausible.

This is a curious cross of smelling like an expensive niche fragrance, which it is, and a grocery-store distributed aftershave.
07th May, 2018 (last edited: 08th May, 2018)

Add your review of Aoud Violet

Shop for Aoud Violet products online

Shop for Aoud Violet at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Aoud Violet

There are no member images of Aoud Violet yet. Why not be the first?