Cuir Cannage (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseChristian Dior
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Cuir Cannage

Cuir Cannage is a shared / unisex perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2014

Cuir Cannage fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir Cannage

Had this for a while now, just forgot to give it a review.

So in my honest opinion, this is fantastic. Yes it is very powdery floral, silky smooth and almost buttery.
Smells fantastic, spray this on and it is deffo leathery and Oriental, then get more powdery as the first hour passes. Iris and I think I pick up on the Jasmin notes too. I find this very Unisex.
Classy and prob better suited for a dressed up occasion. This is like a older cousin of Dior Homme.

Overall 8.5- 10
Performance 8 -10
Sillage 7.9 -10
13th November, 2020
Leather iris

Reminds me of if Dior Homme and Chanel No. 5 had a baby. Powdery, floral. Saw someone mention a lhuere bleu feeling, i feel that. Beautiful. Not super masculine, unisex. No rough edges, good blending, good quality ingredients. Thumbs up. Not fbw for me though.
09th February, 2020
Agree wholeheartedly with other reviewers that this fine, fine leather-based fragrance is VERY close to the Knize Ten scent, with some minor differences.

Cuir Cannage lacks that petroleum accord that is evident in Knize Ten. It does have a nice floral touch from the rose, jasmine, orange blossom and iris notes. It ends up also with a curious powdery quality, a distinction from Knize Ten and other leather scents.

CC is smooth, thought-provoking leathery goodness that smells as pricy as a full bottle of it costs. That may be the split point for many who otherwise admire this beautiful unisex fragrance and may opt for Knize Ten, Chanel's Cuir de Russie, et. al.

And it has a classic, old-school vibe that doesn't mean it's outdated, but rather a very pleasant fragrance that hearkens back to a time of old fashioned hard work in the leatherwork craft. Definitely worth a test!
23rd October, 2018
kind of surprised with all the different comparisons in other reviews that no one seems to have mentioned this...to my nose, this is somewhere between Knize Ten and Cuir Ottoman...a slightly toned down industrial leather with a nice touch of flowers....slightly animalistic...killer projection and very good longevity...a must try or buy for leather lovers IMHO...when I need a fix of good old leather without being drowned out by other notes, this is a good one...the only thing missing , for those that might be wanting it , is the gasoline vibe...doesn't really exist in this one...
16th July, 2018
I have been sampling this for a few months, testing it at the Dior stores. The first time I tried it I said 'wow' and I still do. It's true that it doesn't bring in new elements and that it is quite similar to Lutens and Knize Ten. But its smell is of exceptional quality and it lasts longer than the others when I made a comparison. So, I got a bottle in the end.

Floral leather fragrances are beautiful and perhaps 'sexy'. There is a juxtaposition of feminine and masculine notes which is compelling. I don't find this feminine and it does not smell like a lady's handbag, not at all.
26th December, 2017
Cuir Cannage is a fairly common worked theme, that although rich in quality, is a replay of more iconic leather fragrances. It reminds me mostly of Knize Ten, maybe a bit like the 90's Mochino pour Homme, but with a more rose centric floral. Knize is the leather fragrance I've worn for many years, so I'm most familiar with it. The floral in Cuir Cannage is mostly a spice rose, and I feel like there might be a hint of cinnamon or saffron underpinning the spice in it. I don't detect orange blossom or jasmine, but I also don't doubt they're there because the fragrance is incredibly well blended. CC has a stronger leather emphasis IMO than Knize Ten as well. A very nice fragrance that I might even consider owning if not for the price. It's different enough, but not anything special enough to spend $200+ on. Neutral for me.
01st December, 2017 (last edited: 02nd December, 2017)

Add your review of Cuir Cannage

Shop for Cuir Cannage products online

Search on ebay

Christian Dior Cuir Cannage 250ml Lot #5W01

US • Current Price: USD 99.99.

Member images of Cuir Cannage