Colonia Leather (2014)

HouseAcqua di Parma
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Colonia Leather

Colonia Leather is a masculine fragrance by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Colonia Leather fragrance notes

Reviews of Colonia Leather

Powerful, surprisingly pleasant stuff that has the feel of Tuscan Leather but in a softer, more pleasant delivery. While wearing, it feels like you layered Ombre Leather, which is very wearable to me, with Tuscan Leather, to achieve this very manly but soft and sweet leather scent. It's just not as abrasive as Tuscan Leather and sits between the two Tom Ford scents. Really good leather scent.

Again, this is a power scent in the performance area. Next day longevity and leaves a big trail of scent behind wherever you go.
12th June, 2020
POW! Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather comes right off as a sillage monster full of a THICK leather accord, loaded to the max with cedar and guaiac woods and intense, clarified drippy rose petals.

This scent is pungent, aromatic, woody, boozy, oily, and filled out with hesperidic grips from deep within (from the orange and lime, which take a bit of examination to really make out amidst the leather bomb vibe). I like heavy fragrances like this for when all I want to do is to have a solid scent curtain around me that isn't dated nor otherwise cloying.

This is NOT for everyone. It takes some getting used to, and DEFINITELY requires discretion to apply (it can easily become a monstrous offend everyone scent if too much is put on). I like the intense oily leather and hearty wood vibe from it, and I wouldn't mind sampling it every now and then when I feel BOLD, lol. :-)
13th February, 2019
Like many have noted, this is much like Tuscan Leather.

But while Tom Ford's offering is harsh and downright punishing, AdP's variation is smoother, gentler and more well behaved, all without loosing an ounce of masculinity.

I would pick this over Tuscan Leather any day.
05th September, 2018
It is one of the best fragrances I have ever smelled, very smokey leather, very manly, a must have for all men. I would rate it 9.5/10. This and Essenza are my favorite, haven't tried their Mediterranean line, which looks promising.
29th July, 2018
I didn't have high expectations from Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather, but it is indeed a nice leather fragrance, modern and sleek. No marks for originality, as it is very similar to Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather; so much so that having both is perhaps redundant. However, it doesn't have the fruity aspect of Tuscan Leather, and is instead citrusy. Colonia Leather is largely defined by a linear leather accord, smelling similar to brand new leather shoes, rich and dark but also with a nice suede aspect. There is an ashy element to the accord, especially in the beginning and mid phases, but it mellows down after a couple of hours. While unoriginal, given Tuscan Leather and the plethora of 'smellalikes', Colonia Leather is quite well balanced and edited, which shows the expertise of the perfumer.

Colonia Leather has good sillage and duration on my skin based on a moderate application. I am surprised to discover that it wears very well on summer days, and sillage is perhaps even better. If you can manage it without overbearing, this could be the leather counterpart to the summery suedes like Cuiron and Daim Blond. Leather is often an abstraction in perfumery, and Colonia Leather isn't abstract. It is not as refined as Cuir Cannage, Cuir d'Ange, Cuir de Russie or Cuir Ottoman, and it is not as complex as Cuir Mauresque or M. Whether one likes Colonia Leather (or Tuscan Leather, for that matter) depends on whether one likes or dislikes this principal smoky accord of leather. I happen to like it quite a bit.

3.5/5
21st July, 2018
I'm not too sure about leather fragrances yet. Haven't liked most that I've tried (big thumbs down for Tuscan Leather) but ADP Colonia Leather is ok.

Pretty smooth, pleasant fragrance.

Might actually give this one a go when I'm feeling daring next winter.
15th April, 2018