HYLNDS - Foxglove (2014)

HouseD.S. & Durga
PerfumerDavid Moltz
PerfumerKavi Moltz

About HYLNDS - Foxglove

HYLNDS - Foxglove is a shared / unisex perfume by D.S. & Durga. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Kavi Moltz and David Moltz

HYLNDS - Foxglove fragrance notes

Reviews of HYLNDS - Foxglove

My second try from the Hylnds quintet by D.S. & Durga, Foxglove, is a pretty agreeable blend of several florals and citrus elements, anchored by wood.

The heavy dose of white florals is in immortelle, sweet and light, and iris, only slightly powdery in this case. Neroli branches to the only true citrus note of lemon, and this floral/citrus freshness carriers the fragrance into a dry down of wood and suede, still very light and well-blended to the point that I feel slightly that I'm in the woods or near suede, but not immersed in it. It's enough to keep me interested in the notes but not taken over by them.

The floral elements might suggest that Foxglove is wholly feminine, as some have commented, but to me it's rather unisex, as this could easily fit the bill for a men's warm weather day wear fragrance. I probably wouldn't wear it for a serious and/or nighttime occasion, but it walks the line just as, say, the Hermes Jardin line does, fresh and androgynous.

It's unsurprising, given the fragrance's depiction and note breakdown, that it's not quite as stellar a performer as Bitter Rose, Broken Spear, and in that respect, it is a tougher sell at the same steep pricing of $180 for 50ml (yes, Tom Ford Private Blends routinely go for more but when they generally perform superbly, there's less of a gripe). Still, I enjoy wearing Foxglove and would do so more in warm weather if I had a bottle, but I doubt I'd splurge for a full bottle at this pricing.

7 out of 10
23rd May, 2017
Reminds me of Ineke's Field Notes From Paris. Nice but to me a little too much on the feminine side.
02nd June, 2016
Overall a nice fragrance that has an incense feel to it. I'm not found of the use of peach in this and perhaps the lace lends a somewhat plastic vibe. For a more please incense experience, try Orto Parisi Viride, Indigo, JXXV, or even ADG Profumo.

21st May, 2016

Add your review of HYLNDS - Foxglove

Shop for HYLNDS - Foxglove products online

Search on ebay

Member images of HYLNDS - Foxglove

There are no member images of HYLNDS - Foxglove yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to HYLNDS - Foxglove