El Born (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseCarner Barcelona

About El Born

Part of the 'Woody' collection.  The company says:

The winding cobbled streets flow seamlessly into the old stones of the medieval times, witness of Barcelona’s history. Plants and flowers tumble down from tiny decorated balconies sharing protagonism with vintage stores, pastelerías, cafeterías, old bookshops, wine bars… A group of old friends playing cards, youngsters discussing at the edge of the fountains, tourists enjoying a glass of champagne… this is El Born, a unique atmosphere where even the XIVth century church Santa Maria de Mar seems to want to go unnoticed just being another spectator of the show.

Reviews of El Born

Can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed by this one. Maybe I was expecting too much after some of the glowing reviews?

I get vanilla ice cream, honey & maybe some white musk (if there is such a thing). That's about it!! Linear and quiet on my skin. Very average.

03rd June, 2019
Tuned up notes of citrus, boisterous angelica, gooey honey, and super-massive vanilla. Very rich. A spray or two will do ya. Middle becomes a bit smoky, dirty, with benzoin and jasmine. I get some fig - not too much. Strong sandalwood later. Vanilla mellows. Balsam and musk arrive. Assertive and not for everyone.
11th November, 2018
El Born is seemingly the most currently-discussed fragrance from the Carner Barcelona line-up, and since it's framed in many circles as being vanilla-centric, it's no surprise that it would make the rounds.

I agree that vanilla is main player, if I had to choose one, but for me there's a lot more going in El Born, which has a resinous, spicy, floral, and perhaps even citrus side. I get hints of the benzoin, balsam, and jasmine, and perhaps the musk, but the citrus is totally lost in me in opening, so on my skin it comes subtly.

Longevity is very good but projection is not impressive for the cold-weather-leaning nature of the fragrance. Still, it's certainly good enough as far as performance.

Overall it's lovely and provocative--resinous, spicy, slightly floral/woody. I quite enjoy it, and need to sample it more, but tentatively the only thing about I don't like is the retail pricing ($180 for 100ml, $120 for 50ml on Twisted Lily and other US sources), though I'm told there are much better deals to be found.

El Born is a very promising, interesting spin on an otherwise somewhat redundant vanilla genre.

8 out of 10
18th May, 2018
This is a fantastic gourmand from start to finish. Nice citrus, vanilla, benzoin and some honey. Amazing quality as well. Projection and sillage above average on my skin. For this price get a sample and see if it works with your chemistry. Awesome juice... Enjoy!
26th February, 2018
Stardate 20170425:

Don't like this one. Has similar accords as one of the Afteliers. Fig one perhaps. Just dislike it. Rotten fruits up top and too dry and dusty later on.
I think fig is not for me.
26th April, 2017
What a lovely fragrance this is. it reminds me of Autumn. When i smell it i get the image of sitting in a patio of a dessert shop having vanilla ice cream with raisins on an early autumn humid day surrounded by some plants. then it starts raining after a long dry period which leads to that unique smell of the water mixing in with the dust on the plants and the ground.
this is not a vanilla dominated scent by any means.
The performance is moderate
Overall Rating : 8.8 / 10
10th November, 2016

Add your review of El Born

Shop for El Born products online

Shop for El Born at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of El Born

There are no member images of El Born yet. Why not be the first?