No.04 Bois de Balincourt (2014)
by Maison Louis Marie

No.04 Bois de Balincourt information

Year of Launch2014

HouseMaison Louis Marie

About No.04 Bois de Balincourt

The company says:

This scent is a sandalwood fragrance with a dominant cedarwood & sandalwood accord supplemented by a spicy cinnamon nutmeg complex with an earthy vetiver note.

No.04 Bois de Balincourt fragrance notes

Reviews of No.04 Bois de Balincourt

For whatever reason, I am largely anosmic to this entire scent. It's not bad, but on me it just disappears.
03rd December, 2019
I returned from a trip to California. We were north, made our way to Yosemite, then back to the coast. All along the way, there is a dry woods, uplifting, amazing smell. I wished to bottle the breezes and return to the east coast, where it is humid, wet, and oppressive... So I began to hunt for something that reminded me of these dry California woods. I was in the local Sephora and stumbled across No.4. It is not quite what I had in mind, but it is a delightful scent.
It takes several sprays, I went with ten this morning, yes is seems weak, but after enough juice, it can stay with you most of the day. The longevity is about 4-5 hours. I have not worn it in cold weather yet, so I am interested to see how it differs. It wears very close to the skin, minimal sillage. So unfortunately, for your friends would have to get strangely close to enjoy, but you are easily able to sniff your arms all day.
It opens a bit too sweet, but quickly calms down into a faint clean woody enjoyment. The Sandalwood is soft, and there is a hint of the cinnamon and nutmeg that give it, again, a hint of sweetness but it is not a sappy or cloying sweet. I keep using the words hint and faint, all accurate. Don't discount this one because it sounds weak, I would say rather mild, than weak. It is for sure not an 80s power. It is calm, interesting, and smooth.
22nd August, 2019
Great dupe for Le Labo's Santal 33 (and far cheaper)
08th September, 2016

Add your review of No.04 Bois de Balincourt

Shop for No.04 Bois de Balincourt products online

Search on ebay

Member images of No.04 Bois de Balincourt

There are no member images of No.04 Bois de Balincourt yet. Why not be the first?