Mojave Ghost (2014)

Mojave Ghost information

Year of Launch2014

HouseByredo

About Mojave Ghost

Mojave Ghost is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2014

Mojave Ghost fragrance notes

Reviews of Mojave Ghost

It smells good but "nice shampoo" good, not "whole man's body" good. Might be an awesome hair scent. There is more sophistication than a shampoo, that is not meant as an insult, just a style note. It is so bathroom to me. Not fresh shower clean but housewife suburban bathroom with carpet and a nightlight.

The first thought that crossed my mind was "is that pineapple or pear?" but that is only momentary. That hot fruit in the alcohol morphs into the manly component at the top of the shampoo smell. Some kind of a white flower that reminds me of a shampoo. Maybe Garnier Fructis in the transparent bottles?

My Mom used to have these little clay pink spheres in a clear plastic box under the bathroom sink. To this day, I don't know what they were, but this is bringing me back to rooting through the pink powders and eye creams etc. she kept around. Actually, I have an uncle that would love this stuff. There is a persisting shaving+whipped cream to it that is really nice.

I do think it is truly unisex because it has a clean sweetness that is not very powerful. Performance is too weak to get a thumbs up though. Would work well on women, particularly past a certain age. Not because I think it would make a young woman smell old but because I think it would make an old woman smell sexy. If you're a middle-aged man who drives the speed limit and goes to church, this would be a very inventive but still polite choice. Especially if you have other manlier smells in the mix, like a shaving cream, like a hair product, like closet aged sweaters and leather shoes and sweat. Not an office scent, not a working man's scent, not a dandy's scent.
15th July, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
A slightly ambery fruitiness in the opening is followed by a white floral note the drydown.

Later on a bit of a generic violet occurs and in the base a nonspecific woodsiness emerges, mixed with a bit of residual fruitiness.

I get weak sillage, poor projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

As it is a long time since I smelt the flower that gives this spring/autumn scent its name, my memory might be suboptimal, but as far as I recall it did not smell like this creation. This product is not bad, but it is anaemic, thin, generic, and the performance is abysmal. 2.5/5.
20th June, 2019
Perfume for people who don't wear perfume. Or better put perfume for people who wants to smell like they have something on. Had to spray a lot of this juice on in order for my husband to smell it on me. Took over 30 minutes of wearing before my body heat allow me to actually smell the perfume and it smelled like I used a different bar of soap to wash, I had to really press my nose into my skin to get anything. Spraying on a paper strip only allowed a slight floral-fruity bit to be noticed.

I'm surprised this particular perfume has a cult-like following on the Instagram boards. It's like an expensive nothing-burger, perhaps I don't get the 'in joke' with this perfume.
16th December, 2018
This smells like a niche version of Nautica Voyage with added nasberry note. It's very inoffensive and pleasant to smell, and performs quite well. It basically smells aquatic, clean, and fruity. It leans kind of feminine.

19th July, 2018
Byredo Mojave Ghost walks the unisex line well while performing admirably for a warm-weather-leaning option.

Full of magnolia with other supporting elements like sandalwood and cedarwood, I'm mostly miffed by how the top notes---somewhat unfamiliar to me---factor in. They ambrette seed and sapodilla fruit. I'm curious, as I know neither, but they seem to facilitate sweetness and freshness that complements the burst of magnolia that comprises most of my experience of the fragrance.

MG performs a bit better than most of the Byredo fragrances that are geared, in my opinion, toward warmer weather use, perhaps slightly better than the Sunday Cologne EDP that I own, and on par with some of the other EDPs in the line that aren't like the heavy-hitting 1996, for example.

Overall, a pleasant experience, and one of the better productions of the house of Byredo.

7 out of 10
20th June, 2017
This is a ghostly scent indeed -- there is hardly anything here! Extremely faint, somewhat sweet, no distinguishing notes. The little scent that wasn't there.
02nd June, 2017

Add your review of Mojave Ghost

Shop for Mojave Ghost products online

Shop for Mojave Ghost at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Mojave Ghost

There are no member images of Mojave Ghost yet. Why not be the first?