Empressa (2014)

SupplierCPL Aromas
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Empressa

Part of Penhaligon's Trade Routes Collection which was launched in 2014. The company say:

Empressa is inspired by the beauty and nacrescence of pearls, precious silks and fine fabrics transported through London to adorn women of power and influence. Shimmering with bright pink pepper, succulent blood orange, dewberry and peach, Empressa’s floral heart is lustrous with the dusky pinks and soft whites of rose and neroli. The sensuous drydown of patchouli and vanilla is sweetened by a blend of cocoa, amber and maltol, with warming cedarwood and rich sandalwood providing depth and sensuality.

Reviews of Empressa

Empressa is a perfume I would have bought without a second thought in my early 20's. Very light and easy going fruity-floral composition that I would be shocked if anyone found offensive. I find the opening and the dry down to be absolutely phenomenal, well done blend of florals and fruit. For the first hour of wear I actually noted to myself 'damn, I smell good'.

There is a subtle mineral or salty note at the base that I catch from time to time and combined with the amber makes for a delish end to this perfume.

The reason for the neutral rather than thumbs up is the sheer lack of longevity and silage as other reviewers have noted. I smelled phenomenal for exactly two hours before Empressa dissipated into the afternoon. While the scent was still on my skin if I pressed my nose up close, I had to work to find it. Perhaps one might to better combining the perfume with the body lotion or cream to extend the longevity, but it's a shame at $250 a pop that it doesn't last long as this is truly a wonderful perfume if it would only last!
31st December, 2019
I donít get the notes described but itís an average and not so pleasant sweet fruity floral with good performances.
11th June, 2019
Meh. Pink pepper and patchouli, with a touch of cassis and some marshmallowy vanilla. It smells like the drydown of an unimpressive fruity floral fruit-chouli. I guess every important perfume house feels the pressure to maintain a small stable of dumbed down perfumes for the customers who think they want something from a legitimate brand, but don't have the taste to back it up.
26th May, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a restrained citrus blend, more a genteel breeze than a blast. The drydown is fruity on my skin, with peach and florals mixing with a restrained blackcurrant note, which are combined with a gently spicy pepper-incense background. In the base a light amber pairs with an equally light must note. An interesting way of creating a fruity-spicy cent, but on my skin is does not develop very interestingly and remains quite pale, with poor sillage, limited projection and about three hours of longevity. A spring office scent.
13th September, 2014

Add your review of Empressa

Shop for Empressa products online

Shop for Empressa at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Empressa

There are no member images of Empressa yet. Why not be the first?