Fleur Narcotique (2014)

HouseEx Nihilo
PerfumerQuentin Bisch
SupplierGivaudan

About Fleur Narcotique

Fleur Narcotique is a shared / unisex perfume by Ex Nihilo. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Quentin Bisch

Fleur Narcotique fragrance notes

Reviews of Fleur Narcotique

This opens fresh, fruity, crisp & cologne-like with lychee, & a bergamot stripped of its usual bitter edges. A few minutes in, creamy orange blossom & white musk take over, & twelve hours later this hasn't changed. I continue to get wafts of a pleasantly clean & soapy floral for the duration. I'm not sure what peony smells like, so I can't say that I smell it here.
Darvant describes this one as "melancholy", but I don't get that at all. There's nothing "narcotic" about it, either. For me it conveys a feeling of cheerful innocence, & I can wear it at work without offending anyone. The performance is impressive, although some may find its lack of development boring, & for the price they're charging, it's rather unremarkable. I already have some orange blossom fragrances in my arsenal that I adore far more.
02nd August, 2019
A complete headscratcher for me – all I get is vague fruit with vegetal shading and floral notes that recall the water in the vase holding the bouquet rather than the blooms themselves. Nothing narcotic, everything a bit gassy, including the mossy backdrop. Dries down to a fluffy sweetness which brings to mind budget bottles filled with pink coloured liquid. If this were shorn of Ex Nihilo’s glamorous presentation and the rhapsodic reception in some quarters, a blind testing would probably lead to the conclusion that this was a drugstore cheapie that was not even worth the few bucks being asked for it. Except it’s not and my puzzlement is all the greater.
12th January, 2019
Sweet and sour fruit opening. Peach note doesn't overwhelm here. Sweet, gentle orange blossom. The bergamot seems to increase "in size". Something here reminds me of lavender. Peony and jasmine rise. Big, pink peony. Musk and a woody base. slight mossy note, too.

Three stars - it's wearable.
08th December, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
A bergamot opening embedded in a white floral blend - I get peony and hints of of lily-of-the-valley above all. This is given a nice twist with an infusion of a fresh-peachy aroma that balances out the floral side very pleasantly.

In the drydown the white florals move into the foreground, with a subtle jasmine, orange blossoms and a creamy foundation underneath, but less intensive than the top notes. The base continues the same theme, with nonspecific woodsy and light musky aromas added to it.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

A not very original but otherwise impeccable floral-fruity opening, delicate but smooth and slightly creamy, especially later in the drydown. Unfortunately, the later development on my skin is flatter, more colourless, and the base is disappointing. Overall I struggle to get this into the positive realm. 2.75/5.
20th October, 2016
In response to Darvant: I don't know if you are shining us on, pulling our leg or having a laugh---but if not, more beautiful phrases to describe a perfume have never been written or spoken. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the scent of muguet de bois, a rare find in the U.S. I have to agree with the "transparent floral tartness" of this juice because that is the first whiff. And indeed there is "soapiness" like Cabotine (not a compliment)--but: there is also an underlying moodiness that gives complexity (unlike Cabotine) which indeed might be like "a frosty tear under a Saint Petersburg's desolating street lantern". The jury is still out, but I am warming up to this Fleur Narcotique...
17th May, 2016
Ex Nihilo Fleur Narcotique introduces itself with a straightforward whiff of pure transparent floral tartness (deep, aqueous, spicy, herbal, leafy). Peony is surely (by soon and throughout) the standout note in its association with berrish/grassy lychee and classic bergamot. The latter provides gorgeous lemony sourness and elegant "vaguely cologney" bitterness. This peony is tremendously obsessive, languid, struggling, solitary and saturnine, like a frosty tear under a Saint Petersburg's desolating street lantern. Orange, peach and jasmine are nothing else that a support for the dominant peony's sharp hesperidic intensity. Jasmine in here is not typically "honeyed" but kind of deeper/drier and more "piquant" (you'd say there is some lily of the valley hidden somewhere). The fruity-floral sharpness holds on its beat throughout but never overflowing inside the boring areas of cosmetical soapiness. This juice is elegant, indipendent, moody and sophisticated, it possesses a dry-watery melancholic aura full of solitude and mystery. I see Fleur Narcotique frankly more oriented towards a masculine side but the right woman could gorgeously wear it in the sexiest of the ways. Try this scent if you appreciate creations a la Torre of Tuscany Muguetto Verde, Flora by Gucci, Van Cleef&Arpels Muguet Blanc but also the classic (hard to find) Mila Shon Uomo (Original). Dry down is gorgeous with its sharp kind of peppery/smoky impenetrable background. An apparently simplistic accord with plenty of complexity and a veil of courtier romantic sadness.
27th April, 2016

Add your review of Fleur Narcotique

Shop for Fleur Narcotique products online

Shop for Fleur Narcotique at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Fleur Narcotique

There are no member images of Fleur Narcotique yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Fleur Narcotique