Ambre Précieux Ultime (2014)
by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Ambre Précieux Ultime information

Year of Launch2014
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseMaître Parfumeur et Gantier

About Ambre Précieux Ultime

Ambre Précieux Ultime is a masculine fragrance by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier. The scent was launched in 2014

Ambre Précieux Ultime fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre Précieux Ultime

There is one review of Ambre Précieux Ultime.
According to what I've read online, this version contains a higher concentration of incense, coumarin, vanilla & labdanum than the original.
It's quite a while since I tried the original, but this is very different to the thick, sweet, golden nectar that I remember. I actually find the lavender more obvious in this one, certainly for the first hour, & it's darker, leaning more masculine in feel. As it develops, there's a slightly animalic note, a whiff of bread dough, & a little smoky incense, powder & tonka bean. At moments when the skin warms up, after any kind of physical activity, there's also an unexpected marine note, possibly from the ambergris. Four hours in, the already quiet projection fades to a vanillic skin scent, & I have to say, there's little of the dense, resinous, classical amber of the original here. Although I like this fragrance, I find myself missing those aspects.
For a far more detailed & expressive description of the differences between this & the original, please see Kafkaesque's review on his blog; he describes it perfectly!
28th January, 2016