Patchouli Absolu (2014)

HouseTom Ford
PerfumerRichard Herpin
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Patchouli Absolu

Patchouli Absolu is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Richard Herpin

Patchouli Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of Patchouli Absolu

Opens with a pungent patchouli. It is a bracing variety, not unlike the opening blast of Givenchy Gentleman. The patchouli fades fairly quickly, giving way to its earthy drydown, and bringing forward the cypress, with its borderline medicinal tinge. All this lays on a bed of leather and modern aromachemicals.

Broad strokes looking at this fragrance: it is patchouli heavy in the beginning, and while I like that, some may consider it old manish. The mid here is well balanced, and offers the best phase of the fragrance. I respect that. It slowly loses its balance from hours 3-5, ultimately becoming a little aromachem heavy, which doesn't bother me, but really just kind of breaks the retro illusion a bit.

Thumbs up here. I really enjoy the retro chic fragrances. Whats old is new, and bring the scents up to date with some new aromachems.
30th October, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
A green, herbal opening blast with rosemary and hint of a slightly grassy basil lead straight into the patchouli. This is a bright and rather smooth patchouli, without any darkness or any roughness - and antithesis to the Purple Patchouli of the same house, although not without moments of earthiness.

Further into the drydown nonspecifically a strong cypriol is notable, and later woodsy undertones develop; and finally the base turns into a sweeter realms: dominated by vanilla and a somewhat bland muskiness.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

This autumnal scent represents a lighter take on the patchouli theme, but it is quite generic and a tad too synthetic in some of its aspects. 2.75/5.
04th May, 2019
opens with unmistakable aromatic earthy wet patchouli...not a hippie smell...if i had to throw an adjective at it, i would say a goth patchouli...dark and dense...a little added mossiness and herbal tones...as it evolves it gets more woody notes, but till the bitter end this is still a patch fragrance to me, overall...projection and longevity are both pretty decent...this is a middle of the road patch to me , straddling the line between something really heavy like Mazzolari Lui and your typical head shop patchouli...not bad, but I think I'll just stick with a decant and use it to layer a little patch on other fragrances...
10th April, 2019
Sparkling crystal patchouli.
This is one of the cleanest yet strongest patch I have ever tried. I really like a dirty patchouli but this presents in a way that is very attractive. Sensual, brilliant, beautiful.

Must try...full bottle worthy as a reference patch
09th September, 2018
Very pleasant, smooth and classy take on patchouli by Tom Ford!

Tom Ford's Patchouli Absolu has a fresh, mossy flair to it that lasts a long time on my skin. It has a rich, sweet grass like quality that I enjoy sniffing, without any unpredictable nor unpleasant changes throughout.
01st September, 2018
Nuke performance

in the scorching heat

sensual

classy

unusual take on very deep earthy patchouly

heady