Carven pour Homme (2014)

PerfumerPatricia Choux
SupplierTakasago
Parent CompanyArco International

About Carven pour Homme

Carven pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Carven. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Patricia Choux and Francis Kurkdjian

Carven pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Carven pour Homme

This is the most revolting scent I’ve tried in years. The violet leaf is awful in this. Then you get hit with so much sage it smells like your wearing a breakfast sausage. The base is ok but you have to go through hell to get there and it still has remnants of that damn sage breakfast sausage. I couldn’t bear to subject anyone else to it I threw it in the trash.
04th June, 2020 (last edited: 05th June, 2020)
This fragrance would be the equivalent of the French word "soigne." Well-mannered, and dressed elegantly. Suave in an affable and nonchalant way. True that this is a more genteel version of Grey Flannel, but I do like it. This also reminds me of Green Irish Tweed from Creed, although I think that one has more Calone and oceanic notes.

Opens with the freshness of grapefruit and the minty tinge of violet leaf balanced by some spiciness from nutmeg and sage.
Cedar anchors it in a base of sandalwood and the earthiness of vetiver.

The violet leaf accord is dominant. You smell it from the start and does not really disappear.

Ideal for men that can carry off a dapper or refined look. Very Continental. I cannot really see how someone brusque can pull this off.

Smells wonderful! Recommended!
13th May, 2020 (last edited: 10th June, 2020)
Another regrettable blind-buy. Very sweet, powdery fragrance, leaning towards unisex.

The Violet Leaf accord (I think) seems to overpower everything else. I don't detect any Cedarwood, or Sandalwood in the dry-down. This is a pretty linear, one dimensional scent, with little to no development.

Doesn't smell like Irish Spring Soap - Irish Spring doesn't smell this sweet, and this doesn't have that clean soapy smell.

This doesn't smell refined to me, it smells cheap and boring. Not my sort of thing. I'll be promptly returning the tester bottle I got.
07th May, 2020
Extremely refined reinterpretation (in a specifically soft and minimalistic key) of a classic green powerhouse formula which is in here cleaned up and reduced in notes but not in complexity and variegation of nuances (green, floral, spicy-hesperidic, woody aromatic). One of the best violet leaves-application around, in this case something green, velvety and spicy in to a extremely sophisticated mild-aromatic way. Carven Homme conjugates a freshly manly, fruity and aromatic classic vibe a la Grey Flannel with a more modern, soft, suedish and subtle floral presence. Violet is extremely classy (a la Canali Men), discreet, softly green (with a wonderful sage and probably coriander) and slightly soapy (but never harsh or overly spicy and fresh). Probably hints of musky suede, iris, mild well calibrated spices and soft tonka provide such a subtle spicy-floral spark (somewhat close to perfection). Dry down is perfectly laced up by sandalwood and hints of aromatic exotic vetiver, finally providing a gentle virile woody warmth. A perfect choice for the modern man with a classic sober soul, healthy values and a confident temperament.
04th February, 2020
My favorite violet leaf scent behind Fahrenheit. This fills the void between Fahrenheit and Grey Flannel. When I want to be loud, brash or just make a statement I reach for Fahrenheit, but this is the refined and reserved version of a violet leaf scent, without being Grey Flannel. Not that GF is bad but this is just more refined. Also, since it has a small sweetness to it, it's more modern than both, once again filling a void between the two extremes.

The opening is spicy, with some refined, powdery sweetness. In the drydown, the violet leaf is definitely the star but not loud. It actually starts to feel like Green Irish Tweed a little. Projects for 4-5 hours and then it's gone.
18th January, 2018
Violet, thou art my nemesis. Both violet and violet leaf (the latter prominent here) are among my least favourite notes in perfumery. So, from the very beginning CPH is on to a loser with me. (This is perhaps more reflected on "that other site" than here.)

The opening smells rather too much like our current household washing liquid for clothes; it's that kind of floral. As it develops, the wood and spices come to the party, and I even get some fairly pleasant wafts on uncovered skin, but I never entirely lose the feeling that a smug housewife should be pressing me to her nose and grinning, as per the washing liquid advertisements. I can do without that kind of freshness. I'll pass on this one.

Additional: it was liked by the family.

Additional additional: looking at the sponsored ads here, I find £70 to be very poor value for 100ml of CPH. In fact, I find £35 to be poor value given what alternatives there are on the market.
10th October, 2016

Add your review of Carven pour Homme

Shop for Carven pour Homme products online

Shop for Carven pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Carven pour Homme

There are no member images of Carven pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?