Vetiver Essence (2014)

HouseFerrari
PerfumerEmilie Coppermann
Parent CompanyInvestindustrial > Morris

About Vetiver Essence

Vetiver Essence is a masculine fragrance by Ferrari. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Emilie Coppermann

Vetiver Essence fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetiver Essence

There is one review of Vetiver Essence.
I wanted to update my old review, and sadly the only one on this site, despite this being a fairly well known fragrance. This is a fragrance I have bought and sold on 2 separate occasions.

Initial application: A little bit of alcohol, goes away within 30 seconds. I get a vetiver/coconut/fig sort of vibe, highlighted by a rooty/earthy vetiver note. To me, this opening is intoxicating, as it manipulates this dark and dirty vetiver with tropical notes. It's kind of like Banana Republic Vintage Green, but with a ton of vetiver.

The heart notes come in quickly. Still vetiver as the main role, I get some iris, with a lot of cardamom. The coffee note is hard to detect. In my initial review I noticed it more, but not so much now. The combination kind of has a coffee vibe, but not so much the smell if that makes any sense. It's like it has the earthy, sweet part of fresh coffee beans, but it doesn't smell like coffee. What's weird is that if I go in to my hand/arm to smell it without any coffee expectations, then I kinda get it, but when I go in looking for coffee like a dog looking for a fire hydrant, I get nothing. The power of the brain can do amazing things to your senses.

Moving along, is my least favorite part of the fragrance. I guess they didn't wanna use vetiver through to the end, as we know it's quite possible since vetiver serves as a great base note. So the base is sort of a woodsy, powdery thing going on, I may even get a little rose, or something like it. Overall though, the more it dries down, the more synthetic it smells.

Maybe it's the complexity of this fragrance and making it very hard to describe the accords and nuances I get. Or maybe it's that it falls apart in the end, that people don't keep their bottles, which is why you see used bottles of these float up in sale/swap posts all the time, as well as on selling platforms.

Conclusion.. it's very interesting, but also kind of flat and unfinished. If you can find it as cheap as $20-30 a bottle, and love vetiver, this is a safe bet. It's pretty niche in terms of uniqueness, and maybe with the top notes, smelling very high quality after the burst of alcohol absorbs.
24th January, 2017 (last edited: 13th July, 2020)

Add your review of Vetiver Essence

Shop for Vetiver Essence products online

Shop for Vetiver Essence at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Vetiver Essence

There are no member images of Vetiver Essence yet. Why not be the first?