Modern Man (2014)

PerfumerIrina Burlakova
SupplierMane
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Modern Man

Modern Man is a masculine fragrance by Banana Republic. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Irina Burlakova and Vincent Kuczinski

Reviews of Modern Man

Some of the notes are pretty wildly named. All gimmicks aside, this is actually really good stuff. An aquatic, with a modern twist.

The opening gives off lots of grapefruit, watery and aquatic notes, some florals too. There's a lot going on in the opening, even a little spice. The tamarind starts to peak its head after a few minutes, and becomes more noticeable in the dry down. The final dry down just smells like a faded aquatic musk to me.

It has a very addictive smell though, and kind of reminds me of Ecko Green, but with a lot more going on. There's something in here that I've smelled in a older fragrance too, Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger. Take Tommy, mix it with Eckno Green, and mix those with Realities, mix these three with the florals in Acqua di Gio, and boom, we have Modern. If you know these 3 fragrances, when you try Modern, you'll understand what I mean.

I had a sample I got somewhere for free, and loved it so much, I bought a 3.4 oz bottle. I kind of wanted to just get it too, before it gets discontinued. Like the original Modern, I don't see this one staying around much longer. Not because it's bad, but because it just doesn't sell well.
14th March, 2019
Nice, fresh, clean and musky scent that shouldn't offend anyone and perfect for casual wear or work. Nice aquatic citrus start with a little vetiver and musk. Lasts about 4 hours with 3 to 4 sprays on me. Projects for maybe 30 minutes then is a skin scent. For the price it's OK.
09th June, 2017