Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette (2014)
by Tom Ford

Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch2014

HouseTom Ford
PerfumerHarry Fremont
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette

Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette

An excellent, clean vetiver fragrance that just smells amazing. I love this one and only like the EDP version which isn't as clean and fresh as the EDT. Just my personal preference, but I much prefer this version and wish TF hadn't discontinued it...or at least it appears it's been discontinued as it's getting more difficult to find all the time.
30th August, 2020 (last edited: 23rd September, 2020)
Starts off lemony, thin and metallic. The drydown keeps the dryness from the metallic feel but goes more in the green vetiver way.

Feels mature and dressed up, but versatile for weather.

Projection is average but persistent while longevity is good, lasts all workday.
08th October, 2018
The more citrus, less "soapy" and more "sparkly" version of Grey Vetiver EdP.

I see a parallel between Grey Vetiver EdP and EdT and of Cartier's L'Envol EdP vs. EdT., in that the EdT's came out second after the original EdP's, and that the EdT's felt like somewhat hollowed out versions of the EdP's. In both cases, the EdT's seemed more suited for casual occasions and younger wearers vs. the EdP's.

In both cases also, I tended to prefer the deeper, richer EdP's in comparison.
24th September, 2018
A Balanced Citrus Vetiver...

I really like this version of Grey Vetiver. I actually find the original a little formal (still a good thing) although I find this more versatile for warmer and hot weather.

I love the brightness of the grapefruit, lemon and bergamot. I think that pairing citrus with vetiver works and, although it's not an original combination, it's very well done here. I think that for versatility I would recommend this over the Eau de Parfum, however for value for money (in terms of lasting power etc), then the original lasts longer. I would suggest wearing this version year round as it's very versatile. For very formal wear and colder/winter weather the Eau de Parfum. I tend to like citrus very much and I love the way it's done here (it even almost reminds me of a cross between the original Grey Vetiver and Terre d'Hermès). The original is both more woody and more spicy, however this has it's own charm. I would suggest it for any age range and all seasons. A good offering from Tom Ford.
30th December, 2017
Touted as the version of Grey Vetiver that is citrus-forward and fresher than the EDP, it certainly achieves this. GVEDT wears ight and never loses a refreshing, hesperidic edge. THe vetiver is of the grassy variety, slightly soapy, and I have to say somewhat of the artificial in tone. However for all this I would suggest the EDT as a good fragrance for those who don't like vetiver - it's just that accessible.

Some obvious comparisons are Guerlain's Vetiver (the TF being less rigid and without the tobacco note at the core), and Terre D'Hermes (TF being less metallic and chemically than that)m as well as - particularly at the beginning - Eau Sauvage. This is good company and it's not for nothing that GV has been described as an ideal work scent. It does not have great projection but consistent low-key presence and is subtly masculine, clean, and hardly likely to offend. Where many of the Tom Fords recall Guerlain and the Parisian style, this is more of a Grasse-type scent. It would, I imagine, be hard to over-apply.
09th January, 2017
What a nice surprise! For those of us who found Grey Vetiver EDP too severe, here's a lighter EDT interpretation that still preserves the masculine vibe and features citrus more prominently. Aside from the vetiver it's difficult to pick out individual notes, which lends this scent an air of mystery. A mature fragrance without being stuffy. Smells very elegant and expensive.
05th September, 2016

Add your review of Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette

Shop for Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette products online

Shop for Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

tom ford grey vetiver edt

US • Buy it now: USD 14.99.

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

US • Buy it now: USD 135.00.

Member images of Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]