Ray of Light (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseApril Aromatics
PerfumerTanja Bochnig

About Ray of Light

Ray of Light is a shared / unisex perfume by April Aromatics. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Tanja Bochnig

Ray of Light fragrance notes

Reviews of Ray of Light

Perhaps the greatest test for any natural perfumer is how they handle The Great Citrus Problem. Citrus notes are short-lived molecules of pure joy, and it is the task of every perfumer to come up with new solutions to make them last beyond 5 minutes. Companies with a broad palette of mixed media materials (both naturals and synthetics) can extend the citrus through layering it over coumarin or oakmoss-replacing materials; see Azemour Les Orangers (Parfum díEmpire) as perhaps the best example of this on the niche side.

On the natural end of things, Ray of Light is probably the best Iíve personally encountered. The yuzu-like grapefruit topnote is so riveting that youíll drop whatever youíre doing just to focus on it. How is this incredible note extended? The best I can tell, itís done through using mint to bridge it to a slightly bitter, resinous galbanum or hay-like accord in the base. Thereís also a candied edge to it reminiscent of the lemon-and-lime flavored chews of my childhood.

24th June, 2020
A nice initial opening scent of citrus...but then everything went wrong. This smelled like a comb that has been soaking in solution at the barber shop and is used to comb through wet hair. I couldn't stand it for very long and had to scrub it off. Hence, the lack of longevity and sillage on my rating. I will try to put it on wrists again at some point, but I honestly couldn't stand it after the brief opening notes...maybe it's just my chemistry, but a definite nope for me.
19th March, 2016
One of the best Lemon-Lime combos I've smelled in a while. Quality as usually with April Aromatic fragrances. The citrus notes come right at you in a beautiful way that will have your nose pinned to wherever you spray this. This will kick ass in the summer, but strong enough to handle the cooler days also. 8.5/10
17th November, 2015

Add your review of Ray of Light

Shop for Ray of Light products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Ray of Light

There are no member images of Ray of Light yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]