Misia Eau de Toilette (2015)
by Chanel

Misia Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch2015

HouseChanel
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Misia Eau de Toilette

Misia Eau de Toilette is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Misia Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Misia Eau de Toilette

This, is "classic" Chanel. Worldly beauty. Well mixed florals and such. Divine! It smolders, with vibrant iris and mild fruit. Hints, of pale and refined rose. Dusty. Dry. Fairly discreet. The raspberry here, is understated - just enough to be interesting.
Iris, seems to be the star here. It dances with mimosa, violet, and vanilla, for the longest time.

Slight balsamic or resinous flavor, later on. Nice stuff!
09th November, 2019
The EDT. Iris has a big punch in the opening; it's surrounded by violets, aldehydes and roses. The direction is clear and straightforward, the iris has the lead. Misia is vegetal, fruity, powdery. It’s very elegant, polite and serious. The very end is incredibly beautiful, a perfectly smelling buttery suede that feels like a second skin. It wears very close, it's light and intimate.
06th March, 2019
This is a soft quintessential makeup perfume. It's got notes of Guerlain's meteorites makeup - powdery violet and iris. There is the signature aldehydes which I've come to expect in Chanel perfumes added in. It's not as bright at Lipstick Rose and a bit more subdued than Drole de Rose and a bit more playful than Sixteen92's Bruised Violet. All of these are fantastic 'makeup' perfumes in their own right and Misia would be the middle sister in the bunch.

I've been testing Misia on and off for a good two years and I have yet to hit the button on a full purchase due to it's price point and the longevity is wanting. It's a wonderful and magnificent perfume, I just wish it lasted longer on the skin.
22nd February, 2019
Kotori Show all reviews
Misia EDT

Testing Misia EDT for the first time. I've sniffed the EDP. Maybe it's the difference between the EDT and the EDP, but this is not as I remember it. It's joyful! It kind of reminds me of the bubbly Rose in Miss Charming by Juliette Has a Gun. I think I could wear this! I have issues with violet as a note in general, but Iris does tame it down quite a bit. Such a great lipstick scent. I think it's what Maison Margiela's Lipstick On wants to be when it grows up.

I wonder if I could pull this off? It feels a bit like borrowing another woman's clothes... Another woman's too-chic clothes from an older era.

And there's a soprano Rose note that will probably give me a raging headache, but it's so lovely you almost want to cry. Not so facepowdery as its EDP sibling. But I think the EDP might be more wearable for me...

Regardless, it feels like wearing a real, live, still life. It smells how the illustration on the front cover of The Secret Garden looks like it would smell.

Within an hour it has calmed down to simple Iris and violet, with a much more vintage handbag vibe.
26th August, 2017
Stardate 20170731:

I smell hard candy. Jolly rancher blue raspberry. I dont know what accord is that but it has taken over everything. Something I must be hyperosmic to.
I do smell some iris and some ambery base but very faint.
Pass
31st July, 2017
It seems like every niche line has one of these violet lipstick/makeup perfumes, but Misia stands out in a crowded field as one of the best.

It goes on with violets and roses and sparkling raspberry, played out over ionone suede and chilly iris. Given time, the base warms up into a complex and notably Chanel mix of iris, fuzzy musks, warm vanilla, and subtle rich woods. It's kind of like marshmallows rolled in toasted coconut for a while, but manages to do this without smelling cheap or dumb, which is quite an accomplishment. Given hours, it ends up as a rich Chanel base deepened with almond liqueur and hints of mimosa blossom.

Most of these lipstick perfumes rely on ionones to do most of the work, ending up pleasant but largely interchangeable, while Misia's careful attention to detail and surprising nuances really make it sing in comparison. Wonderful.
02nd January, 2017

Add your review of Misia Eau de Toilette

Shop for Misia Eau de Toilette products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Misia Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Misia Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?