Acqua di Giò Profumo (2015)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profumo information

Year of Launch2015

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò Profumo

Acqua di Giò Profumo is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Acqua di Giò Profumo fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Profumo

I am struggling here in view of all the great reviews. Basically this is similar to Hugo Boss unlimited so its a freshy on the upper end of the spectrum of mediocrity veering towards the generic less aquatic than HBU and here we have more depth and masculinity so teeters into thumbs up. Could even be a crowd pleaser but you'd feel guilty with the compliments because you know this is the lazy choice. There is just much better out there and its not cheap.
16th February, 2021
How do you solve a problem like Profumo?

Profumo is in the style of fragrance that I immediately makes me think of as being "cologne-y." It's abstract and its accords don't neatly correlate to real-world aromatic experiences.

The opening of Profumo causes me to recoil a bit. There's nothing genuinely watery/ozonic/marine about the sea notes here (a version of this with a real sea spray feel, maybe some seaweed, would be much more appealing to me), and the bergamot is the "shower gel" kind, unrealistic and thin, rather than juicy and sharp. The mid and base get more interesting, though, with the smoky quality of the "incense" creeping in, but it still feels shallow to me.

I can't help but feel that Bvlgari Aqva Amara was the superior "designer incense aquatic" of this era, but nevertheless both it and Profumo would have benefited from more realism and richness being given to the notes they each list in their respective note pyramids.
01st December, 2020
I was always a bit put off by original Acqua di Gio. It just never really seemed to click with me. Was very light and way too fleeting. I never understood how it was so popular.

When this came out, I was a bit jaded, but saw some positive reviews coming in from all quarters.

I took a leap and blind bought it.

It is quite good. They tinkered it in a way that made it a bit more substantial than the 90s calone monsters. That lighter aspect is still there, but folded in nicely with some other notes.

It's pleasant and versatile. Great work scent. Good easy reach scent for sure.

A strong two thumbs up on this one.
23rd November, 2020
drseid Show all reviews
Acqua di Gio Profumo opens with a blast of orange bergamot and a black peppery sage and geranium tandem with a soft aquatic accord in support before transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the peppery sage and geranium tandem remains, as does the supporting soft aquatic accord as the composition is infused by woody incense rising from the base. During the late dry-down, the peppery woody incense infused accord recedes then vacates, unveiling subtle patchouli in the base that combines with remnants of the supporting aquatics through the finish. Projection is below average to average and longevity is very good at around 10 hours on skin.

When the original Acqua di Gio was released in the 90s I, like just about everyone else bought a bottle. I always thought the stuff smelled good, but I never understood its amazing sales success, as it seemed to be missing something with many better options in the crowded genre. A couple decades later with the introduction of Acqua di Gio Profumo, perfumer Morillas has accomplished an extremely rare feat in releasing a flanker that smells much better than the already successful original. The sage and incense utilized here add the missing peppery/woody component to the perfume that counters the all too familiar Acqua di Gio DNA that appealed to many from the start. Now the composition is much more appealing and complete in the opinion of this writer, while never ceding the perfume's already winning formula. The bottom line is the $130 per 75ml bottle Acqua di Gio Profumo takes an already good smelling perfume and by adding a couple key notes makes it an "excellent" 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5 rated one that is recommended to tepid fans of the original that wanted just a bit more.
05th September, 2020
It's classy, it's elegant, it's mature and modern at the same time.

To me, it's just a masterpiece, it took me a while to add it to my collection, but I always knew I NEEDED IT. Better late, than never.

Longevity and projection are very good as well.

Easily top 3 in my collection
31st March, 2020
It's rather difficult to objectively review this fragrance for me as it seems to trigger a 'scent memory' of the negative kind, for me.

I had terrible travel sickness for all of my childhood until I reached the age of 19 or so. This fragrance distinctly reminds me of a hanging air freshener that my dad kept in his car. A smell that I very much associate with nausea. So this is unlikely to ever be my signature scent!

However, it does perform very well (unfortunately for me) and projects well. My other half complimented it, too.

Cannot give it a thumbs down as it isn't a bad fragrance, just isn't good for me.

24th November, 2019

Add your review of Acqua di Giò Profumo

Shop for Acqua di Giò Profumo products online

Shop for Acqua di Giò Profumo at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

NEW Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profumo 2.5 oz.

US • Current Price: USD 81.00.

Member images of Acqua di Giò Profumo