Figuier Ardent (2015)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerRalf Schwieger
SupplierMane

About Figuier Ardent

Figuier Ardent is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ralf Schwieger

Reviews of Figuier Ardent

ION-ONE Show all reviews
This is one of the most "green" scents I have experienced. In the early British summer I was struggling to tell if the lovely, natural green vegetal smell was coming from me or my surroundings. Very briefly green, piquant, peppery the scent rapidly mellows. Many green scents are sappy or sharp acidic - this is mellow and almost milky alkali. There is always a moist element preventing a dry herby facet. A slight oiliness recalling the olive flower in Armani Code. I get the fig, mossy fir balsm possibly cedar or cypress also some soothing aloe-vera.

The scent is very evocative - bringing strong images of a well manicured green garden in an exclusive spa resort, Mediterranean or South France, outdoor pool side recliner, fluffy robes with the scent of the days fading sun soaking into soft skin. The garden - close to olive groves, planted with fig, artichokes and cacti.

A perfectly relaxed, mellow zen scent. Would be high on my list if looking for a relaxed green scent. Not one I'd reach for too often, but can imagine craving it from time to time. Due to its evocative nature it may compare to Hermes garden series. Overall 76 out of 100 with a quiet persistence.
03rd February, 2021
rbaker Show all reviews
An opening blast that is bright and light, with bergamot and hints of anise mixing with cardamom and a green undertone. Pleasant.

In the drydown the greenness is turning a bit salty, and a fig aroma develops gradually. It is the aroma of unripe and fresh green figs. At times a cold and metallic undertone is added to the heart notes.

In the drydown a gentle spiciness is present, with a somewhat blunt vanilla aroma supplying a sweetness is the background. This all is intertwined with a nonspecific woodsiness.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for cooler summer days is not a bad fig-based creation, but it is a bit bloodless and not very intense on me. Not very ardent indeed. As far as fig fragrances go, Diptyque’s Philosykos is more convincing. 2.75/5.
16th September, 2019
Figuier Ardent is the sportiest, most jock fig scent I can imagine. Super zesty citrus with a sweet but slightly metallic fruit heart, powdery and dry iris carrying it through. It’s completely pleasant, make no mistake, but when compared to the fig-wood masterpiece that is Philosykos? Or even D.S. & Durga’s bergamot and fig composition, Debaser? Then Figuier Ardent looks like nothing more than another designer Blue.

Its DNA is so utterly basic, and the fig so masqueraded behind its varsity letters, that Figuier Ardent is a challenge for me to truly love. I wouldn’t object to smell it on someone else (a handsome, young, muscular sportsman, perhaps?), but on me it rings a little false.
16th April, 2019
This is a really wonderful green slightly citric fig fragrance. It's very green and very fresh. The fig note is there but it's hidden by notes of fig leaf and other green notes. Projection is moderate (on the softer side actually) while longevity is moderate. It's nice but I can't help noticing that Old Navy's Sea Salt & Fig smells similar (but without all the green notes) and has similar projection/longevity but for far less price.

21st July, 2018
Very nice, smooth woody/leafy, minty green, cooling scent. Very natural and refreshing. The smell remains pretty much the same from opening to drydown.

I really like smelling this but feels more feminine. It reminds me of expensive women's hand/body lotion.

Projection is average but longevity is good.
04th February, 2018
This is the best fig leaf fragrance I've ever smelled. It goes warmly towards the fruit and spices (and I smell some lavender) instead of the usual colder, aqueous fragrances. I usually describe fig fragrances as blue or green. This one is dark purple, almost brown. Unisex. I only wish projection was better. Well worth a full bottle.
02nd May, 2017

Add your review of Figuier Ardent

Shop for Figuier Ardent products online

Search on ebay

Atelier Cologne Figuier Ardent 1oz 30ml Unisex New

US • Current Price: USD 19.00.

Member images of Figuier Ardent