Le Jardin de Monsieur Li (2015)
by Hermès

Le Jardin de Monsieur Li information

Year of Launch2015

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired by the gardens of China to create this fragrance.

Le Jardin de Monsieur Li fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

I find myself completely confounded by this fragrance. It’s so transparent and aqueous, so flowing and diaphanous that I can’t catch any one scent.

So I wait a few minutes and try again.

And...douse myself in the entire decant, skin and clothing.

Now I get something.

Thick powdery musk in the base, definitely some floral accord that I’m not used to with the Jardin series.
Golden-ambery honey flowing like mana and sharply dry, crisp paper. Mayhap some cantaloupe or citrus? It’s calming. I immediately thought of an arid, desolate desert...and an oasis flowing with cooling water and shade.
It’s neither sweet nor dry...rather oddly balanced.

I do like it. There’s something holding me back from love though, maybe the flower note. I still prefer sur le Nil and en Méditerranée. Those two aren’t nearly as floral.
12th October, 2020 (last edited: 13th October, 2020)
The yellow bottle is a good choice for this scent - it does feel the sunniest in the Jardin series. Also one of the loveliest. A bit fruity. A hint of floral greenness, light, airy. Uplifting. There's something in the scent that reminds me of dandelions a bit. Yeah, the dandelion flowers in the spring field!
05th September, 2020
I'm still giving this fragrance a thumbs-up even though it's my least favorite so far of the Le Jardin fragrances. I absolutely love Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and Un Jardin Sur Le Toit. As for Le Jardin de Monsieur Li, I just like it. There's a sharpness to the opening that's not present in the others. It must be the Sichuan pepper, though I wasn't able to identify the specific note. I like when it mellows into a grassy floral and the way it fades.
24th August, 2020

Like a tender kiss.This is the type of scents you'll only give when you're in love.a fragrance that conveys a feeling of happiness and serenity to all.
depicting a garden of citrus and jasmine in the coasts of the Mediterranean. Really poetic, soft, dandy, ideal for those who love intense green notes.

Simple and beautiful.Perfect when you want a sniff of pure sunshine during cold winter months, or as a pick me up scent in summer.
The scent opens up very citrusy but quickly developes on the floral side.A hint of mint lies in the background and the drydown is lovely and warm on me.I can feel the unisex vibe but it is very subtle, just perfect.

Affordable,sparkling,lively,crisp,clean, effortlessly luxurius everyday fragrance.Not recomended for a night out.I'd prefer wearing it in spring or summer in the morning at work. Mostly floral/citrusy/green.Green in a non sporty way though.

04th May, 2020
I told Mr. Li
His soap garden is quite fine
But I don't want one

I found his garden
Strangely contemplative but
A challenge to walk

The beauty of plates
Washed in a field in China
On a bright spring day

A burst of tulips
In an oil-sheened puddle on
A treacherous trail

I kept wishing for
Somebody to get naked
But not Mr. Li

Or as we called him
Back in our undergrad days
Mister Lithium

Wondering now if
Art and Science intersect
Or just hide the null

And so I recall
At the strangest of moments
For oddest reasons

Such as when I hear
Or even think of some term
Like "dishwater blonde"

The beauty of when
We bid Monsieur Li adieu
And they locked us out.
15th December, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
A fresh, initially quite hesperidic note gives way to a pleasant fruitiness, with lychee, kumquat and melon in the foreground.

The drydown adds some jasmine, whilst the base develops a green undertone, with a bit of a stale nigh-aquatic tone blended it.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and four hours of longevity on my skin.

Fresh with some nice twist, not too synthetic but not brilliant either. Just on the positive side. 3/5.
25th September, 2019

Add your review of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

Shop for Le Jardin de Monsieur Li products online

Shop for Le Jardin de Monsieur Li at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

There are no member images of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li yet. Why not be the first?