Le Jardin de Monsieur Li (2015)
by Hermès

Le Jardin de Monsieur Li information

Year of Launch2015

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired by the gardens of China to create this fragrance.

Le Jardin de Monsieur Li fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

Like a tender kiss.This is the type of scents you'll only give when you're in love.a fragrance that conveys a feeling of happiness and serenity to all.
depicting a garden of citrus and jasmine in the coasts of the Mediterranean. Really poetic, soft, dandy, ideal for those who love intense green notes.

Simple and beautiful.Perfect when you want a sniff of pure sunshine during cold winter months, or as a pick me up scent in summer.
The scent opens up very citrusy but quickly developes on the floral side.A hint of mint lies in the background and the drydown is lovely and warm on me.I can feel the unisex vibe but it is very subtle, just perfect.

Affordable,sparkling,lively,crisp,clean, effortlessly luxurius everyday fragrance.Not recomended for a night out.I'd prefer wearing it in spring or summer in the morning at work. Mostly floral/citrusy/green.Green in a non sporty way though.

04th May, 2020
I told Mr. Li
His soap garden is quite fine
But I don't want one

I found his garden
Strangely contemplative but
A challenge to walk

The beauty of plates
Washed in a field in China
On a bright spring day

A burst of tulips
In an oil-sheened puddle on
A treacherous trail

I kept wishing for
Somebody to get naked
But not Mr. Li

Or as we called him
Back in our undergrad days
Mister Lithium

Wondering now if
Art and Science intersect
Or just hide the null

And so I recall
At the strangest of moments
For oddest reasons

Such as when I hear
Or even think of some term
Like "dishwater blonde"

The beauty of when
We bid Monsieur Li adieu
And they locked us out.
15th December, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
A fresh, initially quite hesperidic note gives way to a pleasant fruitiness, with lychee, kumquat and melon in the foreground.

The drydown adds some jasmine, whilst the base develops a green undertone, with a bit of a stale nigh-aquatic tone blended it.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and four hours of longevity on my skin.

Fresh with some nice twist, not too synthetic but not brilliant either. Just on the positive side. 3/5.
25th September, 2019
Zen-Like fragrance “Le Jardin De Monsieur Li” is the true power of illusion!

Hermés “Le Jardin De Monsieur Li” never been on my wish list after I saw some of reviews about this fragrance from some YouTuber. Anyway I just got it after Un Jardin Sur Le Nil are out of stock, so I ordered “Monsieur Li” instead, and result is chocking!
In my opinion this is the best of Jardin line and it full of story telling in the scent. This fragrance open with the citrus (orange) not sharp and not sweet, but kind of smooth orange, this is the best orange note I have found so far in perfumery world! The orange mixed seamlessly with jasmine (maybe Asian Sambac Jasmine, it fresh and cooler than western jasmines) also found heavenly green note in it just like a fresh green orange peel or something like green bamboo leaf. Anyway the most shocking me for this fragrance is the wet and earthy note behind the background! It smell like ponds and mossy rocks(in a good way).. and this is not the first time that Mr. Ellena shocking me with the realistic earthy scent, because once he has been created something like this for Terre D’ Hermès .
The earthy note in this fragrance is a bit of different because it not a kind of dry earthy soil but wet! Yes. This fragrance has wet earthy as the background this is a truly artistic creation! If you love the Jardin line please give it a chance to try. Believe me the scent has more notes than the pyramid note showing you, the main note is minimalism, but the back ground has something complicated behind, and you can feel it.

Scent: 10/10 (This is the real power of illusion in perfumery world)

Versatility: 10/10 (This is so natural scent and light, you can wearing it anywhere and anytime, formal, casual, all season all occasions)

Silage: 4/10 ( Don’t talk about silage after 30 minutes)

Longevity : 6/10 (It skin scent and It last 4-6 hours on my skin)

No doubt why Mr. Jean-Claude Ellena is the god among the master perfumer, because he is a real artist and talent! Oh my god I hope he back in perfumery world again...

With love in Jean-Claude Ellena
21st April, 2019
I'm inclined to think this would make a pleasant home Fragrance, if used sparingly and to cut through as poo-pourri.
A generic WAC fixative anchors to my skin and leaves me a minor "droning" headache.
For me, on skin? Yuck.

A spritz of Leather Oud works just fine in my Masculine “les petits-coins”
01st December, 2018
smelled to me at outset like a domed green scent of mulched grass clippings+green leaves held under a glass bell- which you then turn over to smell.... it then it just whitens out, flattens out, goes from a 3-d volume, to just a 2-d line, to just a 1-d point in space that is just barely on the greener side of infinite nothingness, that hangs around for an hour or 2 and then is gone before you know it. I've rubbed leaves on my wrist that last longer.

27th February, 2018

Add your review of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

Shop for Le Jardin de Monsieur Li products online

Shop for Le Jardin de Monsieur Li at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li

There are no member images of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li yet. Why not be the first?