Fève Délicieuse (2015)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Fève Délicieuse

François Demachy:

This perfume is delectably tempting and sweet, yet never cloying. I chose exotic Tonka Bean for its slightly bitter roundness. This is a mouth-watering treat that nevertheless retains some mystery.

Fève Délicieuse fragrance notes

Reviews of Fève Délicieuse

Feve Delicieuse by Dior has a very strong, even sharp, avid start. The leading note of the composition is tonka bean. It is known to connoisseurs of perfume for its sweet, almond-like aroma.

The almond tones of tonka are enriched here with heaps of dry cocoa with a clear boost of something floral and dusty.

Then this cocoa tempest quiets down and reveals a flickering, potent tonka bean. In the great sea of this ingredient there are other notes sunken: tobacco and cinnamon. Cocoa takes on a more chocolate form while caramel starts shimmering somewhere and vanilla takes the scene. From now on, smooth vanilla penetrates every single note of the blend.
11th August, 2020
Candy sweet refinement

I'm not really into gourmands, in fact I generally dislike them. There is interest here. I get the tonka and carmel, but it is lifted in pitch by some early bergamot, that interacts something like aldehydes do. Its so sweet that it almost pinches the senses. The sweetness is of the candy/sugar variety and not the carmel tonka variety. Its more complex than your average amber, with background notes never fully peaking through, but lending profile. I don't think this is masculine or feminine. Who should smell like childrens candy? Laffy taffys can be enjoyed by any gender. I get something of a powdery feel over it all, which is a nice touch in an amber, but more unique in a sugar sweet. Its saved from becoming a straight down vote because it is pretty good on longevity, and the blend is pretty good. Smells like good quality, but this is not to my taste.
09th May, 2020
Feve Delicieuse is another of the 2018 reformulated Maison Dior scents, and sadly it seems like the reformulation took a toll. The performance here is similarly weak to Ambre Nuit. The scent itself is decent. It's a substantial gourmand, with lots of tonka, caramel and cherry. There is also a plasticky vibe, common to all 3 scents I've tried from the line so far. Other reviewers have said it's a bit like play-doh, and I'd agree with that. It reminds me of the plastic in Mugler's Pure Tonka, which I liked but was similarly confused by. However, Pure Tonka was a beast, and at $70/100ml! In all, even if the scent was really nice, I can't spend hundreds on a fragrance that requires me to douse.
10th February, 2020
From the opening, all the way through....this is smooth and warm cozy, it does remind me of Tom Ford F**king Fabolous.
Both have the very high quality Tonka in them.

So this is very unique and very cozy, just like TF very unisex.
Lasts above average on me.
Love it.... so hoping the next Dior offerings are Orientals.... Rouge Traffalgar is very nice, so looking forward to 2020.

Scent 10 -10
Performance 7.9 -10
Sillage 7 -10

Try if you like Dior Homme Intense.... this has the coziness of DHI
30th December, 2019
Fève Délicieuse is precisely the kind of contemporary gourmand scent I intensely dislike. It's an exercise in tediously artificial candy-sweet decadence, without sufficiently dramatic contrast to balance it out.

Colin Maillard rightly described this as being "comparable with any low-brow drugstore gourmand scent for teenagers."
28th December, 2019
To me, leans strongly feminine, so the "Unisex" label was a misnomer.

Very powdery, and I do get a slight medicinal cherry, but not a familiar cherry. Sharp, medicinal, cherry-ish scent?

I don't get the Tonka. Or vanilla. Or cocoa. Or woods.

Maybe praline? Maybe caramel? Not much of either, if any.

This was a big disappointment, as I had high hopes given the house, the nose, and the note pyramid. Maybe my chemistry just doesn't jive? For the money, there are much better choices.
26th November, 2019